So who alls going to the Cloverdale Appleseed this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I am going, and it will be my first appleseed and I am excited :)

Should be a blast.

Hope to see some INGOers there.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I really wish I could. My LTR is built and i've been running AQT's for about two months now. Unfortunately, my wedding is taking priority over shooting. Hope you have a good time!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Cloverdale is sold out. If you are wanting to still come to one of the 4 other shoots this weekend (Nashville, Wabash, Ft. Wayne, Evansville), there is still room. But Cloverdale is closed on registrants.

If you are not far, come to Nashville as it will also be INGO heavy. And if your schedule just will not work, come to Riley the following weekend.

See you all there!

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I am going and it is my first time also. I am using my AR and just learned yesterday that we are only shooting at a distance of 82 feet, so I got a .22 LR conversion kit being delivered tomorrow.

I signed up last fall and I am really looking forward to attending.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Hey .45 guy, my advice to you if my .22lr conversion is any indication, stay away from Remington Golden Bullets and use the Federal 550.

I am about 5000 rounds into it without a single issue. Golden bullets, nothing BUT issues.

I am going to take my conversion kit but as a backup to my ruger 10/22.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am going, and it will be my first appleseed and I am excited :)

Should be a blast.

Hope to see some INGOers there.

I know of at least four INGOers who will be there. Look for the folks in the orange, red, and green hats to find them. ;)

Oh, you mean your fellow shooters! Heh. Silly me. :ingo:

Blessings,
    Bill

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I am still taking calls as I am loading up the car! People who wanted to go to the sold out shoots are redirecting up north.

So, those of you who signed up early, have a ball and congrats yourself for getting squared away early. And those checking in, make the drive to Wabash, Ft. Wayne, and Evansvile. You will not be the only ones "walking on"...

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    OK..... that was awesome. I am so going to go to a ton of these.

And... I will get that Rifleman patch someday.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I did not see this until now and your are absolutely right as you know from our conversations at Appleseed. I did switch to the Federals that I had in my car and that helped some what.

I have since spoken witht the tech department at Brownells and they have ask me to send it back which I will do tommorrow. ALL of the FF, FE, DF were a huge problem on Sunday.

It was great to meet you at the Appleseed and I will look forward to seeing you again.

Thanks again.

RD

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    re: Tryin.

Oh you were the bolt gun guys! lol.

You guys got balls lemme tell ya, I was rushing to keep up with the autoloader. I would forget on those 2 / 8 runs and shoot both, and be like "oh crap" and have to recharge the gun.

However, I did discover on the "Ball and Dummy" that you cant fake out a bolt gun guy, with a unloaded mag, they can feel it. :)

Yeah I feel pretty good about the Rifleman patch and the cool Appleseed challenge coin. 2 flyers away from a perfect target.

Haunts me in my sleep.

------

Re: 45 Guy

Yeah I feel ya RD, I am going to run my conversion next time with the red dot and see how it goes. The main issue I have with it, is when you manually have to "show empty" like on steel challenge it sometimes doesnt manually extract. The RO there said that was common with the conversions.

I gotta say that EOtech setup of yours is pretty awesome, and makes me want to save my pennies.

I will be emailing ya this week re: hamilton, I really enjoyed talkin with ya between the shooting.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Re: 45 Guy

Hey actually, you know what we should do sometime is put my conversion into your rifle, and see how it runs. And yours into mine.

That would be a good test.

I will find your card <still havent emptied out my range bag> and send you an email.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Thanks for the link about disassemblings a Ruger cylindrical mag. and thanks for loaning my son your 10/22. Beautiful stock too!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks for the link about disassemblings a Ruger cylindrical mag. and thanks for loaning my son your 10/22. Beautiful stock too!

You (and he!) are very welcome. That's why I bring it, for those who find themselves in need. Take care, and thanks once again for coming out!

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom