• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Playing gun safes last night. Found a Smith frame.

utf-8BRmFpcmZpZWxkLTIwMTIxMjIzLTAwMTI2LmpwZw.jpg

So, INGO, what do I do with this?

1. Have a gun built? Is this practical? Cost would be, what, double a new reolver?

2. Hang on to it and see what develops?

3. Highest bidder?

Just what do you do with something like this? Suggestions welcome (well, not THAT suggestion).:D

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Find another K frame where someone kaboomed the cylinder because they did not know how to reload. Tke your frame and add a replacement cylinder, and you will almost break even. With good used K frames gowing for $450 in good working order, it will be hard to make one out of parts for that amount.

I loved PPC and had a custom revolver built by Guthridge, who was a great 'smith 30 plus years ago when that sport was still going good. Single action was so smooth it felt like the trigger was not connected to anything. They shot like a lazer beam (soft lead at slow velocities) Back then you could have $1000 easily wrapped up in a great revolver, now no one wants them, and it is really tough to find a place that still shoots PPC.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    It IS pretty black. Is it evil or just quasi evil? I got stuff like that also. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Maybe this should be a "Identify this neat thingy" thread.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, I could use you on a playing gun safes night.

You could distract rhino from "helping" me AND you could wipe the peanut butter and balut off my guns after he "helps".

I inventoried magazines last night. 635 mags will still run with balut all over them, right?:laugh:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Looks like an early K frame, maybe a pre-model 10 military and police?

So list it for what it is: For Sale, Stripped Smith and Wesson M&P receiver, $one gazzion or best offer :whistle:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    My questions are what happened to the rest of it? Is this what happens to a gun if it is not fed a steady diet of ammo? It just waste a way to a skeleton?
    Most people keep their skeletons in their closets............

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Yes, I could use you on a playing gun safes night.

You could distract rhino from "helping" me AND you could wipe the peanut butter and balut off my guns after he "helps".

I inventoried magazines last night. 635 mags will still run with balut all over them, right?:laugh:

i happen to know that rhino is not man enough for balut. peanut butter, yes, balut, no.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Have access to metal lathe? get some raw steel and have at it. I am not a metal worker but If I had the tools it takes I would try and build the rest just for something to do. If it fails then at least I would have had the fun of trying. Retired old farts get into anything to keep busy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom