So, What Are You Buying With Your Tax Refund?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    My refund:
    $612 Federal
    $9 State
    Filed with TurboTax Deluxe (Note, Capital One customers can get it for 25% off!)

My List:
    Cheap AR Build
    Hornady Lock 'N Load AP
    Savage Edge in .223 (or similar budget bolt .223, suggestions?)
    MSAR STG

I havent completely made up my mind, but that is in the order of likelihood. I also have a bonus coming, so I have a bit more money to spend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    yep i never get any money back, usually end up owing but i plan on that, you're just giving the government an interest free loan when you over pay.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I pretty much never get a refund. Why overpay the government if I can delay the money they extract from my labor? Refunds just mean you voluntarily overpaid them all year long.

Some times the medical deductions determine the refund so theres no way to determine the correct formula..... but Im sure that I will free up some refund $$ for firearms/ related purchase(s).

I would like 2 rail mounted lights for the ARs, Kimber CPD Compact, always another M1A type.....stock up on ammo (5.56 & 7.62x51) and.... :dunno:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I pretty much never get a refund. Why overpay the government if I can delay the money they extract from my labor? Refunds just mean you voluntarily overpaid them all year long.
    +1

I honestly don't know where I'll be this year, but I'll owe that's for certain.

Anyone know if they got all the forms straitened out for those of us who itemize?

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    I bought a house this last year so I get the 6500 credit plus had another child last years. So while I don't usually get a refund I should be looking close at 8grand. Looking to buy my first 1911 and probably another 9mm of some sort.

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    I claim 0 i play 20 extra in taxes a check and i get to claim a child and my girlfriend who a stay at home mom.
    I get to buy a new couch pay for our spring vacation to Gatlinburg and for me im looking into a 1911 a Mossburg 500 or a Mosin Nagant M39 i keep changing my mind even considered a cheap ar build

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I claim 0 i play 20 extra in taxes a check and i get to claim a child and my girlfriend who a stay at home mom.
    I get to buy a new couch pay for our spring vacation to Gatlinburg and for me im looking into a 1911 a Mossburg 500 or a Mosin Nagant M39 i keep changing my mind even considered a cheap ar build

^ Exactly what melensdad was talking about.

:(

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    We always get some kind of refund, plus we had another child in Dec so we will get extra for that. Only plans we have for the money is paying off what the birth cost us, and putting the rest in the bank as usual.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My wife and I have a baby on the way the first of March...

IF we're "entitled" to a refund, it's already spent.

-J-

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    What am I going to buy?

Well, let's see. There may be some money for the prairie dog trip which is already booked. (BIG MAYBE) The largest part is going to be wasted paying off my piece of the bill for a hernia surgery and the new patio door and windows which helped me get a larger refund. If there's anything left, I might buy a box of .17 HMR ammo. It won't all be wasted! :(

Top Bottom