So there's this missile nobody has claimed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    What's the big deal about another creative lie?

U.S accidentally launches missile off of Coast?
    Foreign Country launches missile off of Coast?

When was the last time information from Washington was accurate?

Why start now?

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    It's not a missile. Just saw the video. That is definitely an airliner contrail. I'm a current airline pilot and there is no way this hysteria should have been started. CBS withholding that video from view was stupid. They wanted to have "the scoop". Total media BS. The low angle of the sun reflected off the bottom of the aircraft and it was orange due to sunset. No conspiracy. No cover up. Sorry to burst your bubble of goverment hate.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It's not a missile. Just saw the video. That is definitely an airliner contrail. I'm a current airline pilot and there is no way this hysteria should have been started. CBS withholding that video from view was stupid. They wanted to have "the scoop". Total media BS. The low angle of the sun reflected off the bottom of the aircraft and it was orange due to sunset. No conspiracy. No cover up. Sorry to burst your bubble of goverment hate.

You're the government plant! GET 'EM BOYS!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    You got a buddy now huh? C'mon guys, there's only two of 'em! <grabs pitchfork and torch> Them there No-mex ain't gonna save you from the butt whooping you two are headin' fer! Dat dare was a gubbermint miss-ile, ain't no g-man gonna tell me odderwise...

Looking at the video, I am split on it. Looks funky for a contrail, but no one is claiming responsibility for missile. Gotta be one of Rambone's immunization rockets...

R33D0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    If its just a commercial airliner, couldnt they look up the flight records and verify it? I havent heard anyone even talk about that.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009

I can buy that it is airliner contrail. As an airline pilot maybe you can answer a few questions that came to mind.
    1. Apparently this particular one is very unusual. Why is this one so different then the thousands of others in that area?
    2. Why did the airport report no activity in that area?
    3. Why didn't Norad, faa, etc just look at the radar logs, etc. to confirm it was a plane?

Please note. I am not disagreeing with you that it was an airliner. I was just curious that it would seem like a very easy thing to confirm right away without all the time figuring it out.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It was a weather ballon

More specifically, it was the maiden flight of the Tea Party Air Force: a hot air balloon armed with a smoke machine and a flare gun. Intended for recon only, of course.

That or Hugo Chavez lit this parrot's ass on fire and sent him north.

hugo_chavez_parrot1.jpg

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    It sure does not look like any jet contrail that I have ever seen before. I suppose if the experts say that is what it was, then that must have been what it was. They are the experts and would not lie to us.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

I really hadn't read much that lead me to believe folks on this thread were "hating the government"; they may not trust the government's explanation, but that's a different issue. The video I saw this morning on Drudge looked like the exhaust of the object was traveling more towards the vertical than the horizontal, so I have a great deal of trouble accepting this was an airliner at altitude; especially as the FAA denies any unusual activity in the area.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I can buy that it is airliner contrail. As an airline pilot maybe you can answer a few questions that came to mind.
    1. Apparently this particular one is very unusual. Why is this one so different then the thousands of others in that area?
    2. Why did the airport report no activity in that area?
    3. Why didn't Norad, faa, etc just look at the radar logs, etc. to confirm it was a plane?

Please note. I am not disagreeing with you that it was an airliner. I was just curious that it would seem like a very easy thing to confirm right away without all the time figuring it out.

All those questions can be answered easily by saying that it is not in the media's best intrest to quickly find an answer before they blow it all out of proportion for ratings.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    All those questions can be answered easily by saying that it is not in the media's best intrest to quickly find an answer before they blow it all out of proportion for ratings.

"quick get the widow on the set" lolol. name that song

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Could have been a secret test firing of a trident SLBM! The area it came from is a naval testing zone just north of Catalina Island. Earlier this year (and many times before that) there was another excact type of missle in the same area that launched and there was denial like this one and no one could explain where or who shot it! This one just happen to get caught on tape. With the Naval station,Camp Penelton and all the testing grounds/Islands around the area, the locals are use to seeing weird lights,sounds and booms. So know one ever really questions it or makes a big deal. The real questions is, Why are they denying it?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    If its just a commercial airliner, couldnt they look up the flight records and verify it? I havent heard anyone even talk about that.
    The FAA and other agencies with radar systems say/said that they need an exact time, exact area, and exact trajectory to separate the date from all the other commercial traffic in that area. It seems that no one has a trajectory, nor can they state a specific geographic are to tie to the time to find the data.

Top Bottom