• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    A few days ago a friend of mine through a party and there were about ten people in the house. I was told when everyone left he went to his room too find that 1500 or so dollars had been stolen and even worse a 40 caliber Smith and Wesson SWVE40 pistol, that he had kept in his dresser next to his bed. He is pretty upset about it, and even though he has talked too all ten people no one will come forward to anything.... I just wanted to ask if anyone knew of any ways you can be able to track something like that down with just ten people of potential accomplices ect... He's talking as of now either beating the crap out of someone till someone confesses or having everyone who was there go to the police department and pay for everyone to take a lie detector test. But yeah just wanted to hear some people's thoughts or advice.

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Go to the police ASAP. Hand over all names and ask for an investigation.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Go to the police and report it and if he hasn't done so already he's an idiot! for not reporting it. What if his gun is used in a crime, and it's traced back to him, what's he going to say to the police well I didn't report it because they're all my friends. If he has reported it he's done what he should.
    IMHO, I have no problem with the states that have or are trying to pass laws that require the owner of a weapon be required to report the theft of a gun within a period of time that they discover the theft, or they can be charged with a crime. It's called being a responsible gun owner.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Oh and remember no matter who is at your house for a party, cookout, barmitzfah, wedding, or just playin' cards. Or even whether they are friends or aquaintenances ALWAYS keep your bedroom/gunroom locked.
    My wife and I have two little boys at our house and when I go to work and she goes to the dayvare (garage) the bedroom door is locked. She has a niece helpg her in the daycare, and even though the people in my house are family... the room is always locked.
    Of course since this is historical in nature my comments do no good whatsoever. :n00b:
    I agree with the others, even though everyone who was there was "friends" report this to police. let them do their investigation and hopefully get the Bad Guy/ former friend.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Oh and remember no matter who is at your house for a party, cookout, barmitzfah, wedding, or just playin' cards. Or even whether they are friends or aquaintenances ALWAYS keep your bedroom/gunroom locked.
    My wife and I have two little boys at our house and when I go to work and she goes to the dayvare (garage) the bedroom door is locked. She has a niece helpg her in the daycare, and even though the people in my house are family... the room is always locked.
    Of course since this is historical in nature my comments do no good whatsoever. :n00b:
    I agree with the others, even though everyone who was there was "friends" report this to police. let them do their investigation and hopefully get the Bad Guy/ former friend.
    Yes always keep it locked up and secured firmly to something. Even if left in my vehicle weapon is always in a secured weapon safe. Don't leave weapon in an unlocked anything, center console, or under the seat, or glove box. Don't pull that crap it's just irresponsible!!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think your friend needs to go to the cops ASAP. None of his friends will enjoy having to speak with the police, but as long as they are clean they should understand why it has to be done.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah well thats the thing, a few of them weren't his friends, they were his friends he invited, friend's. So thats the few people he thinks might of done it, I also heard that two of them were into drugs. Soooo I have a fairly good idea what they would wanna get ahold of a gun for if they did indeed take it.

and yeah i just talked with him a while ago, going to the cops was already one of his priorities. But he would like to find it before they do.. considering alot of the time a cop finds your gun it's AFTER something bad happens with it.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    That sucks. I have had a-holes steal stuff from me when I have had parties, but that was before I owned a gun. But they still stole video games and movies before and it sucks. It is really sad when someone does something nice for someone (as in having a party and letting a person they don't even know show up just because they are a friend of a friend) and that person repays them by stealing crap from them. Low life POSes.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Two points . . .

1. At the end of the day, you still choose your friends and who you let into your house. I still think your friends needs some new friends. I really don't like the idea of my friends bringing people to my house who I don't know and who are into drugs and likely steal my stuff. This isn't the way its supposed to work. Make friends with people you can trust.

2. When something bad happens like a gun being stolen. Your friend needs to stop hoping and starting doing what he needs to do. Truthful stories that make sense convince authorities you're a good guy. It has to be a story. Each part moves to the next smoothly and makes sense. Right now your friends story just is plain dumb. "I had a party with a few friends over and they brought some more friends I didn't know. Those unknown people in my house took my money and my gun without me knowing it while I was at the party. When I realized it the next day, instead of letting the authorities know, I thought about how the people I didn't know likely took the money and the gun. I think this because I suspect they have drug connections and I wanted to get my gun and money back before something bad happened and the authorities found out." I could continue the story but it becomes more and more absurd the long it continues. I know your friend hasn't done anything wrong really, but appearances are reality and his story as it stands now doesn't even pass the straight face test. (I can't keep a straight face while typing it.)

I don't intend to be mean, but people have got to start thinking in the bigger picture and taking personal actions to clean up their messes in the most rationale way possible. There are rarely quick and easy way to clean up messes like this. The best is to start with what makes the most logical sense and just do what needs to be done.

I hope it works out well for your friend in the end.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    good point... "hello 911, uhmmmmm I had a party last night I think some of the people at the party were involved with drugs, well anyway I'm pretty sure someone stole my pistol and 1500 bucks" You know what that sounds like to me and probably 3 out of 5 cops? A drug dealer got ripped off.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    20 year olds + drugs + parties does not equal a responsible environment for guns.. Im assuming everyone is young since op is 20.
    Let me start by saying. There were no drugs present in the house, he just had a kind of get together, perhaps i should have of spoken more specific and clear, so not to get so many wrong ideas and or assumptions. All i said was there were two people there who were known to have done drugs or was into doing them, i never said anything about them being in the house did I? I am just repeating what my friend told me and what he answered when i asked questions about it myself.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    good point... "hello 911, uhmmmmm I had a party last night I think some of the people at the party were involved with drugs, well anyway I'm pretty sure someone stole my pistol and 1500 bucks" You know what that sounds like to me and probably 3 out of 5 cops? A drug dealer got ripped off.

Yeah you would think that I suppose. But you dont know him, so dont be so quick to judge or to assume he is a drug dealer for having a gun and money. He has a job like everyone else, and his parents are pretty rich so I don't see it to be uncommon for him to have cash on him or in his house. also to who made the comment about him not realizing it till the next day...he did realize it the night it happened thats how he knew it was gone... and how was he to know? everyone was supposed to be down stairs and the gun and money was in his bedroom upstairs. Anyone could have gone up to get it, but i dont know that much of the story.

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Well, the first question I asked myself is why wouldn't he report the gun and money stolen as soon as he found out they were missing.
    The police are going to be asking him the same thing at some point, and the longer it takes to report it the more questions he will be asked. Not a smart move on his part.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't mean to be cold here, but with firearms ownership comes a responsibility to keep them secure. Circumstances aside, your friend failed to do this. He now needs to get over himself and realize that this mistake affects more than just him.

A lethal weapon could be in the hands of anyone and could harm or kill anyone. His responsibility is now a must. He must report this to the professionals we pay to handle this very dangerous problem!

I will point out also that you, with knowledge of this situation, have a responsibility to force your friend to report this to the police or do it for him.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    No "friend" would steal from another - period! Nor would a "friend" cover for another who steals. Think about it. Tell your friend to go to the police NOW!

Top Bottom