• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I am planning on selling my firearms. What info do I need if/when someone comes knocking asking where my guns are? Is I sold them gonna be answer enough? If not how will I prove they are sold?

I am selling off everything I own that one day will be worth nothing due to the dems. might as well get some money today than none tomorrow. My guns and an old hotrod being the things i feel will have no value sooner or later. Watch for for sale postings.

Longshot7mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Here is form of sorts that I have used in the past for CYA purposes when it comes to selling any type of firearm FTF. This can be tweeked according to your likes/dislikes.

Bill of Sale
    Transfer of Ownership

For $______ received, I, (seller’s name here), have sold to (buyer's name here)
    One (1) ABC Model XYZ firearm description here, Serial # _____________
    Any other accessories here

I represent that this ___________ is not stolen. I am the owner of the _______ listed above. If it can be shown now or in the future that this _______ was stolen prior to the date listed below, I will give the buyer a full refund for return of the _______ and all accessories listed above.

Sold as is.
    No warranty is expressed or implied by the Seller.
    Seller assumes no responsibility after transfer of ownership has taken place.
    Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all aftermarket parts added to the ___________.
    Seller assumes no responsibility of any/all original equipment parts on the ________.
    Buyer assumes all responsibility when transfer of ownership has taken place.

Seller specifically disclaims any warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose of this ________ and disclaims all responsibility for consequential and/or incidental damages or any other losses arising from the use of said _________.

Buyer agrees to the terms and conditions set forth and listed on this document, and acknowledges that he has received a true copy of this Bill of Sale/Transfer of Ownership and certifies that he is 21 years of age or older. Buyer acknowledges and understands that he will read the Owner’s Manual. Buyer agrees that it will be his responsibility when transfer of ownership has taken place to adjust, check, and follow all instructions as outlined in the Owner’s Manual. Buyer attests that he is able to legally buy and possess firearms.

Buyer: Name Here
    Seller: Name Here

Date:_________________________

Buyer: _____________________________
    Address:____________________________
    Phone #: ____________________________
    Seller: ______________________________
    Address: ____________________________
    Phone #: ____________________________

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am planning on selling my firearms. What info do I need if/when someone comes knocking asking where my guns are? Is I sold them gonna be answer enough? If not how will I prove they are sold?

I am selling off everything I own that one day will be worth nothing due to the dems. might as well get some money today than none tomorrow. My guns and an old hotrod being the things i feel will have no value sooner or later. Watch for for sale postings.
    1. Those guns that you want to get rid of may someday be more valuable to have than you think.
    2. If your motivation to sell is due to what you think the dems are going to do, why would you state that here? You are not making a very good case for anyone else to buy your guns.
    3. What do dems have against your hotrod? Do you anticipate legislation that will make your hotrod illegal?

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    People that are gonna buy guns that I have are banking on me being wrong about the dems.
    The hotrod doesn't exactly meet cafe standards or any other rule the greenies will setup.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    While the above form template will cover any sale. As far as I know, Indiana is a non-registration state. So, if you are worried about some jackboots coming to your door following a potential ban...how they gonna know?

I may be misunderstanding your original post, but I think that you may be jumping the gun (sorry for the pun) by selling all your firearms in anticipation of a ban.

Just my .02

devil

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    As I understand it in Indiana there is no paper work requirement. The only way they would even know you had guns is if you bought them from a dealer and then only for the last 10 years. We like to use the "I lost them in a boating accident sir" line it really works well. :D

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    As I understand it in Indiana there is no paper work requirement. The only way they would even know you had guns is if you bought them from a dealer and then only for the last 10 years. We like to use the "I lost them in a boating accident sir" line it really works well. :D

I gave the few that I owned to USMC_0311. No bill of sale required because they were a gift ;)

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    My uncle did the same thing several years ago. He just kept the newspaper ad as proof. Too bad you can't advertise firearms in the Star classifieds anymore.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And they are nice but I lost them in a boating accident. Taking the ferry across Lake Michigan. Really sucks

You know, Lake Michigan has risen about two feet in the last ten years due to all the tragic firearms losses. It's really sad.

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Sad commentary on the state of things. I'm doing just the opposite and going into hock to get the goodies I may want later. I thought of selling some of my less evil guns to pay for the evil ones, but then I realized God gave me two kidneys for a reason!

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    I, too, am trying to grab up anything I may want later. I'm using the last AWB as a template for which things to pursue first. Right now, I 'need' a good semi-auto in .308, but I also need to sell a good bolt action in .308 to acquire said semi-auto.....

-XL-

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Regardless of the outcome of the AWB, prices are sticky. What goes up might not come down, so there is a good reason to buy now as opposed to later.

Top Bottom