• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well I found a buyer, and have decided to sell my Xd .40 service model. It has been a dependable daily carry peace for me, for a couple of years. My best guess is between 600-700 rounds down the pipe. I have never experienced one single malfunction. I have ran multiple makes of fmj and hp ammo through it, and they all functioned flawlessly. I have decided to take another chug of the FN Kool-aid, and purchase a FNP 40. I bought a FNP 9 this year, and it was love at first trigger squeeze. I paid $529 OTD for my stainless FNP 9, it was tagged at $589. I purchased it from Bob at Bite the Bullet in Reddington (great guy if you are ever that way stop by). I will be ordering my new FN through him, once I get my Xd sold.

The Xd was the first, and only striker fired pistol I have owned. In the Coast Guard we carried the 92FS. So I became comfortable and familiar, with carrying hammer down for first shot DA. I have shot other striker fired pistols, I was leaning toward an M&P. Which is another excellent line up of pistols. The FN however feels very comfortable in my hands. The trigger is crisp, smooth, and consistent. More so to me then the Xd. I gave the striker fired platform a shot, which I know every gun varies. Still I do not think I took to it 100%, though I thought I did in the beginning. After getting a hold of a polymer framed hammer fired pistol, it was all over.

Another big thing for me is the price point. Also the fact they ship with three mags, and interchangeable back straps. The only issue I have ran into personally, is the lack of holsters out there for the FNP. Compared to other makes and models. I solved that problem, by just throwing down some cash on a Blade Tech shooters pack. Witch I'm anxiously waiting for. In the end it comes down to what fits you. No matter if it's a 1911, or a Glock. Find what works for you, and practice often.

Here is a pic of my first range trip with my FNP 9. I fired 115 rounds, all at 7.5 yards. Some where slow strings, and some quick strings of fire. I was very impressed from the get go. If the 40 that's soon to come shoots like this, then I will be a very happy individual.

001-18.jpg

Last edited:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I think you'll be happy with the FN, I know I really like the design. While my FNP-45 will probably never replace my Glock 21SF, it comes a close second and I really like the pistol for what it is... a high cap .45 service pistol that's big enough to use as a boat anchor. :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I think you'll be happy with the FN, I know I really like the design. While my FNP-45 will probably never replace my Glock 21SF, it comes a close second and I really like the pistol for what it is... a high cap .45 service pistol that's big enough to use as a boat anchor. :)

I agree they are a great design. I never saw one in the shops, until this year. Picked it up, and it was love at first grasp. Honestly I'm surprised they are not more popular. For the price point, and they ship with three mags. My guess is because it's a hammered fired pistol, as most people want a striker fired in a polymer frame. Also the lack of holster choices may be a factor. I was looking at possibly getting an M&P, which are also great pistols. Something about the FN though, that just pulled me in and wont let go. With so many makes and models out there, it's not hard to find a pistol that fits you and your needs. If not for the price of .45 ammo, I would have one in a .45 also.

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    When it comes down to it, whatever works best for you IS what is best for you. Congrats on the new gun. Think you'll have it in time for Crosley?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    When it comes down to it, whatever works best for you IS what is best for you. Congrats on the new gun. Think you'll have it in time for Crosley?

No because I'm meeting our fellow Ingo member next Sunday to do the sale. Then I'll have to have the new pistol ordered. I wish I could have it in time. I will have my FNP 9 with me though. Just waiting on the holster. Emailed Blade Tech today, to see where its at in the process. I agree with your above statement. It's all about finding a gun that fits you. I know I'll be happy in the end, and Bryan will be happy with the Xd. A win/win situation!

Last edited:

rxcrm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Clark County
    I am a huge FN Fan I have multiple handguns and rifles they are excellent. Look out other Manf because here is another major player in my book

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Most XD holsters will work for FNP/FNX model handguns. That's what we ended up getting for my wife's FNX9... just in case anybody can't find an FN specific one...

Congrats on the new gun. I really like the FNP/X platform myself!

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I don't know if you're looking for something in a serpa or a concealment rig, but there are a few good options out there. Gould & Goodrich makes very nice three slot pancake holsters with snap retention. Crossbreed makes a Supertuck for the FNP 9/40/357 and 45. I can't remember the part number from G&G, but they're available at impactguns. I think the last time I looked they were $42.99.

ETA: Gould And Goodrich 3 Slot Pancake Holster For FN FNP9 FNP40 Black
    Very similar to this, in black:
    ondutygear_2114_110612505.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My Blade Tech will be here today. I ordered the shooters pack. Comes with belt holster, paddle attachment, and double mag pouch. All for just over $80.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Now you got me thinking about one of these bad boys.:D to start

I think I'd have to get the .45;)

Do you reload? The reason I ask, is because .45acp is probably one of the most ecnomic rounds to reload. It costs about the same as reloading 9mm. When you reload, the price difference between the two calibers kinda goes out the window. There is no way I could afford to shoot like I do if I didn't reload.:twocents:

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I got a deal on the .45 shooter's pack. It only has a right hand version. I'm left handed, so I can get by with the holster at the range, or kicking around, but I wouldn't use it for carry. Other than that, the Bladetech is a pretty slick holster. Far better than the Fobus holsters I've used.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Now you got me thinking about one of these bad boys.:D to start

I think I'd have to get the .45;)

Do you reload? The reason I ask, is because .45acp is probably one of the most ecnomic rounds to reload. It costs about the same as reloading 9mm. When you reload, the price difference between the two calibers kinda goes out the window. There is no way I could afford to shoot like I do if I didn't reload.:twocents:

No I do not have the equipment to reload. Plus I have a bunch of .40 ammo, so that's why I'm sticking with it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I got a deal on the .45 shooter's pack. It only has a right hand version. I'm left handed, so I can get by with the holster at the range, or kicking around, but I wouldn't use it for carry. Other than that, the Bladetech is a pretty slick holster. Far better than the Fobus holsters I've used.

I bought a Fobus, and I'll never buy another. They are junk. The Uncle Mikes are not bad, I used one for two year to carry my Xd. You can tell the Blade Tech is hand made. I also like that the inside is smooth, it helps with drawing. Plus you can get different attachments. It cost me $103 with tax, and shipping but I'm more then pleased. I will continue to buy from them.

Top Bottom