So I went to a Cabela's in Cook County, Illinois...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You read that right.

This past weekend.

Cook Co, IL is where Chicago is.

Cabala's is in Hoffman Estates, IL.

It was PACKED. There were about 8 people waiting in line at the gun counter to purchase firearms. And there were plenty of others milling around browsing both the long guns AND the handguns.

And you know what? Used handgun prices weren't that bad. Shocked me, actually.

LNIB G19 = $450 (not spectacular...but not bad)

TWO LNIB Stoeger Cougar 9mm pistols. One with wood grips, the other with factory grips. Wood gripped one = $350. The other was slightly higher.

The NRA had a table set up and was selling memberships... They were busy @ 3-4 deep.

There was also a lady working for a firearms training school that was shilling their training / courses / school. She was busy, too.

And all of this in Cook County, IL. :yesway:

-J-

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Still, the individual rights of the customers documented in the Second Amendment were infringed via the requirement of a FOID card.

Step in the right direction though.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    Did you check out the gun muesum. They have there? Pretty neat I grew up there and worked at the tj maxx around the corner there next to the sears center and would always go there on breaks hahahaha you've brought back some good ol memories

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Interesting, but that's good! I have yet to stop at a Cabela's, supposedly they are going to build one down near Louisville Ky sometime soon. Glad to hear the support is strong.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Did you check out the gun muesum. They have there? Pretty neat I grew up there and worked at the tj maxx around the corner there next to the sears center and would always go there on breaks hahahaha you've brought back some good ol memories

The handgun / long gun counter was too busy. I just perused the used racks and the "gun library". That's where I spied those pistols I mentioned above.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Interesting, but that's good! I have yet to stop at a Cabela's, supposedly they are going to build one down near Louisville Ky sometime soon. Glad to hear the support is strong.

It needs to be near Columbus where they have all those outlet stores, then they could draw easily from both Louisville and Indy. :yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It needs to be near Columbus where they have all those outlet stores, then they could draw easily from both Louisville and Indy. :yesway:

They already put the kibosh on a big store at Greenwood.

I doubt they're going to open any more stores for a while.

The one in Hoffman Estates has already shrunk considerably. The whole top floor used to be retail space / restaurant. Now it's just storage / meeting rooms / conference rooms. (They were getting taxed on the amnt. of retail space they had...so they cut down the amnt. of retail space)

-J-

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    They already put the kibosh on a big store at Greenwood.

I doubt they're going to open any more stores for a while.

The one in Hoffman Estates has already shrunk considerably. The whole top floor used to be retail space / restaurant. Now it's just storage / meeting rooms / conference rooms. (They were getting taxed on the amnt. of retail space they had...so they cut down the amnt. of retail space)

-J-
    Trust the government to kill business. I get a kick out of their thought process. If we tax them more we'll get more revenue. They don't stop to think that the business owner will just say. I'll just do less business here if it helps me more.

So they get less tax revenues than ever.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    illinois' laws are so dumb.

my dad lives near the southern border of cook and will counties. brother and i are building him an AR for his 60th this year, and it pisses me off that he won't be able to take it home w/ him because of their stupid laws

oh well, guess it'll just have to sit here at my house until he move across the border :ar15:

Top Bottom