So, I shot a buddy's new Rock Island 1911 yesterday, it was an eye opener.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    Best "Out of the Box" cheap 1911 I've ever shot.

He said he got this for $575 total.

Shot this at 25 yards, standing, weaver stance,

I was impressed

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    You simply cannot beat the gun you get for the money you pay with a Rock Island 1911 of any flavor.

I have on myself, my brother has one, as do several friends. None of them have had problems and they all shoot well.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've got 2 of them, a 9mm and a .45 for the money you can't beat them. Both of mine are the tactical model. My only complaint, actually 2, is both shoot about 6" low and I'm not wild about the factory grips

averycustom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    I haven't had a chance to handle or examine the RIA line but for the money shooters seem to be pleased with them. I'm interested to see how they stack up against more established products from Colt, Springfield Armory etc.

Regards,

Mark

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I haven't had a chance to handle or examine the RIA line but for the money shooters seem to be pleased with them. I'm interested to see how they stack up against more established products from Colt, Springfield Armory etc.

Regards,

Mark

cannot speak from my personal shooting but i have a close friend with a RI and has gone out with friends that had Kimbers. His friends fired it and got a bit mad that they paid a premium price because the RI was just as accurate as the Kimbers.

B-lou

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Danville In

I own 4 1911's chambered in 9mm...STI, S&W, Springfield, Kimber and bought a RIA just to try it out, did not shoot quite as nice but at the starting price you have a lot of room to work with it to have a first class 1911 in whatever chamber you prefer. Sold it to a friend and that is what he is going to do.....Bob

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Except on ingo I have heard and seen more negative than positive about the base model RIA. Have no real world experience with the tactical.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I've been kind of intrigued with the RIA 22TCM as well.
    Just back from ITP and shot the 22TCM as well as my G-34.. I can't understand why the TCMs aren't flying off the shelves. I believe when people catch on to what it is and what it will do, the pistols, and the ammo, will get a little more expensive and difficult to get.
    I have 2 at the moment and thinking about selling one because I'm on the wait list for what they call a midsize (commander) version. I believe it will be without the 9mm barrel but I still can't wait to get my hands on it. I've run both calibers through both of them without any issues. For the money they are impressive IMHO.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom