• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    So I got a 50AE Desert Eagle, and I plan taking it shooting this weekend, does anyone know of any "cheap plinking" ammo I can use for it? I am just wanting to get some hardball ammo for it, but don't know who makes 50AE ammo. Like brand wise.

p.s I know the ammo is going to be pretty pricey no matter what, but i just want to find the cheapest made since i just intend to shoot it at cans and paper.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hate to break it to you, but there's no such thing as cheap .50 AE ammo. Even for hardball, you'll be lucky to spend less than a dollar a bullet, probably more like $1.50.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Hate to break it to you, but there's no such thing as cheap .50 AE ammo. Even for hardball, you'll be lucky to spend less than a dollar a bullet, probably more like $1.50.

Well as i stated in the "P.S" I am fully aware of there being no real "cheap" ammo. But I wanted to know about some companies who do make 50AE ammo, and if so then who's the least inexpensive. Or are they all priced the same. Or what brand of 50Ae would be best suitable for target shooting.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Haha I see. Well I don't really care if he dosen't believe me. I was asking a question regarding the ammo. So if anyone has an answer for me on what the best type of ammo would be for just shooting please let me know.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    About Cheaper Than Dirt: They are no longer cheaper than dirt. They have some of the highest prices for ammo i've seen lately. Has been this way for months. They should rename themselves "Higher than everybody".

I'm not sure what they're trying to do but they have really gone up on the little bit of ammo they have in stock.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    IMI & Speer always seemed to be the most available.

If you're interested in reloading, I've got a couple hundred nickel cases I'd sell very reasonably.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    About Cheaper Than Dirt: They are no longer cheaper than dirt. They have some of the highest prices for ammo i've seen lately. Has been this way for months. They should rename themselves "Higher than everybody".

I'm not sure what they're trying to do but they have really gone up on the little bit of ammo they have in stock.
    I call them "Maybe Cheaper than Pay Dirt" You are right though, their prices are downright ridiculous anymore. Not that were really that great ever.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Wow, a Desert Eagle thread that didn't include the phrase "deagle wit da beamz" or that video of the chick hitting herself in the forehead while shooting her boyfriend's .50. Just more proof that INGO members are a cut above... :)

Top Bottom