So I got a killer deal on an amazing blade. Pics inside. It's beautiful.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    ok I can't tell folks much about this blade except its a working golok made by a custom maker out of Jakarta Indonesia and it's freaking gorgeous. I was initially worried as I don't buy anything I can't use, just not my style but he assured me it was built to be used and wasn't just a tourist piece. so I took the chance on it for a c note because I have a serious love for choppers, especially goloks :). and wow this thing is awesome. it's got a amazing damascus blade, beautiful carved stag handles (that fit your had great), and a killer carved wooden sheath. it's very well built and put together package worth 3 times what I paid imo. but I just can't take someone's word who says yeah it's a good work horse blade as well as great looking. so I immediately had to knock the new off it. so out to the fence line and wood pile we went. it soars through green stuff like a knife through hot butter and chops very well to boot. It had no problem tearing through seasoned ash. not the hardest wood but definitely not soft.

total length is 16 inches. 11 inch blade, 10 inches of it sharpened. unsure on the steel but it's a very cool damascus pattern and heat treat seems good so far. I chopped up about 40 pieces of ash and mulberry branches with no damage at all and still sharp. enough talking I suppose and on to the pictures. hope you guys enjoy.

589067ba.jpg

0e12370e.jpg

85bad7df.jpg

9caf111d.jpg

good bite too.
    783898c1.jpg

c96f5246.jpg

bb6ec9fc.jpg

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ooops, sorry. It brought back memories of my time in Borneo and Java. How did you connect with a guy from Jakarta? Where did you buy this?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I just got lucky on the exchange on the knife forums from a member who had gotten it while living over there. It's pretty freaking awesome though for sure. it's even more stunning in person.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    thanks everyone. it's pretty cool for sure. I been outside testing it some more and I'm really digging it. the stag fits my hand great.

dave it's a 1/4 at the bottom and tapers to 3/16 at the top.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    GOOD LORD!! I havent been stricken by a blade like that in sometime! Looks like I need to start planning a trip to Indonesia. I need one of those!

Top Bottom