• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do something from your heart to hers. No fancy gimmicks that you will feel obligated to one up on special occasions. Look her in the eyes and ask her to be your bride. If it is real you do not need a puppy to ask for you. Cute and all but just ask her.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So, you have decided to enter into a contract with the State.

Some things to think about.

The contract is in effect until you die and dictates what happens even if the marriage contract is a failure. In effect, the contract never ends.

So, be sure this is what you want to do. I have been sure three times and have been wrong three times.

Now that the buzzkill sleeper agent has made himself visible, enjoy your life together and don't worry about the future since you cannot predict it. The foundation of a good relationship is honesty. Honesty builds trust. Without that it will not flourish.

Take it from a three time failure.

I just can't help myself.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, one scenario I almost pulled off but the girl moved out of town.

I found a bridge that was under construction. My plan was to take a table and two chairs to the middle of the bridge and set up dinner and then, propose or whatever was on my mind at the time. May take some help to pull off.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So, you have decided to enter into a contract with the State.

Some things to think about.

The contract is in effect until you die and dictates what happens even if the marriage contract is a failure. In effect, the contract never ends.

So, be sure this is what you want to do. I have been sure three times and have been wrong three times.

Now that the buzzkill sleeper agent has made himself visible, enjoy your life together and don't worry about the future since you cannot predict it. The foundation of a good relationship is honesty. Honesty builds trust. Without that it will not flourish.

Take it from a three time failure.

I just can't help myself.
    Just because he gets married does not mean he must enter into a contract with the State

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was 20. She was 18. We were in her bedroom in her parents house doing things that would have gotten us in big trouble if we got caught. (At the time I was much more afraid of her 3 older brothers than I was of her parents.) I just came right out and asked her. No special preparation or presentation. I guess I did it right because that was over 24 years ago and we're still going strong.

24 years? I thought after 3-4 hours you were supposed to see a doctor?!?!?!?!?!

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I have proposed twice (first wife died in an auto accident), and I believe in going all out.

My first proposal happened in Iona, Scotland, in the prayer chapel of the Abbey there (google it). I had a Bible ordered in the old Douay-Rheims translation (I am Catholic, she was Pentecostal- almost a mix of our Faith traditions). I lured her in because the chapel had Bibles in various languages, and I wanted to compare the French and Spanish versions, since I had had some Spanish, and she was pretty good at French. When I called her attention to the plastic on the one I had gotten her, and planted on the shelf by a confederate, I suggested she look at it. When she saw the "Jimmy and Joanna" she knew something was up. She found a bookmark with a verse cited, Matt. 19:6 (look it up). When I saw her finger fly to that verse to read it, she looked up and saw me on one knee. Priceless moment.

My second was a few months ago, on March 14. Yes, I let me geek out and proposed on Pi day (3.14). My current fiance and I have burned CD's for each other multiple times, so I made her a CD with a special track list- words from each track spelled out "Sara Morrow will you marry me?" She saw it immediately, and when she looked at me quizzically to see if it was what she thought it was, I dropped to a knee and pulled out the ring.

Whatever you decide to do, my only suggestion is to make it worth telling the story over and over again. Congrats on the pending proposal.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    do something that is special to you both. I was going to do mine at the Meet and Shoot up in the NWI area, but ended up doing it a bit earlier then planned. (an entire day), and worked out, but it was a good plan. We both love shooting, so would have been nice at the range.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was 20. She was 18. We were in her bedroom in her parents house doing things that would have gotten us in big trouble if we got caught. (At the time I was much more afraid of her 3 older brothers than I was of her parents.) I just came right out and asked her. No special preparation or presentation. I guess I did it right because that was over 24 years ago and we're still going strong.

The romantic approach I see.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Get a fake gun, that the banner comes out of, that says "bang".
    Replace bang with your proposal.
    Take her shooting.
    Give her the gun there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    do something that is special to you both. I was going to do mine at the Meet and Shoot up in the NWI area, but ended up doing it a bit earlier then planned. (an entire day), and worked out, but it was a good plan. We both love shooting, so would have been nice at the range.

You couldn't wait a day???

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    One thing I am very glad I did was talk to her dad first.

One thing I regret not doing was getting down on one knee.

That was 30 years ago by the way...

Top Bottom