So how many members here have some kind of musical hobby?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BEHalper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    As I've been browsing around the various rooms, I've seen some names and avatar pix that would indicate some you guys are guitar or bass players. I've been fiddling with guitars for the better part of 25 years now and I'm still not very good, but I still love them! Right now my favorite setup is a 60's tribute Les Paul into a Mesa Boogie Tremoverb.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I used to play the trombone in public school. When I went into the Army, I gave it up. After many years of not touching it, I decided that I would try to play it again and learn to play by ear (without written music). I've been playing it again for several years now and really enjoy it. I use a mute to keep it from being too loud and disturbing the wife when she is home. She says that she enjoys my trombone playing.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I've played bass for 20 years. Used to, to be more specific. Kids and range time have replaced most of my jamming, especially in organized settings (garages, bars, etc.) but I consider it a trade up.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I've been playing bass since the early 80's and started with guitar not long after. Got a gig in Leesburg on Friday night and at the Manchester Inn on Saturday.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I was learning how to play the harmonica there for a while, but life got too busy to keep it up.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Have played trombone for 40+ years- now in our local community band and occasionally at church.
    Picked up autoharp in 1980 and still play - sometimes for work, sometimes for family, sometimes for professional organization jams.

Still want to learn the saw...

Floater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Chesterton
    I used to play trumpet many years ago. I play bass, piano (keyboard), and can mix a little on the turn-tables. I can play drums well enough to maybe join some jungle tribe somewhere that doesn't have very high standards.

I play with a group of guys at least once a week and we're not half bad, if I do say so myself. :rockwoot:

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I love to sing, and used to be in church and school choirs. I also used to play the piano and saxophone. I've always wanted a soprano sax. I kinda miss the sax, and really miss the piano. But I'm not even sure I remember how to read music any more.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I started playing guitar 3 years ago....still take weekly lessons and now have bought 6 guitars.....it is almost as bad as my gun addiction.

I sit in front of the computer and tv every night and switch between gun fondling and guitar playing....My wife just hides in the bedroom...:rockwoot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    3 Years in the Lafayette Jefferson High school marching band playing baritone saxaphone.

I have been know to "pick out" a tune on most musical instrument I've gotten my hands on. I can find the Pink Panther theme song on a piano, "The Age of Aquarius" on a clarinet, etc...

If I can get a sound out of it, I can find a rudementary tune.

I'd really like to get good at the banjo, but I'm noy going to hold my breath.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Been playing guitar for about 12 years. Played in my share of jam bands and bands that actually managed to book some gigs. Haven't played much the last few years since the 2nd child came along. Thought a few times about posting on here to see if anyone wanted to try and start something up, but always reconsider based on my amount of available time lol

Top Bottom