• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I think it would be interesting to either participate and/or watch one take place. Not sure if there has been a past event that has takin place that I'm aware of or any talk in a future event... might have to set something up for the spring!

Last edited:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Something of this relation:

Event 1
    The sniper/spotter team will draw a range card to include all 5 targets and their distance from the shooter. The card will be turned in before the Sniper starts shooting. The two closest targets will have playing cards on them and your spotter will be given a copy of the correct cards to engage. You will engage each card two times and each target two times. A miss is not scored, but a hit on an incorrect card is a penalty.

Event 2
    The spotter will engage two different targets with playing cards on them. I will hand the spotter a copy of the card he/she is to engage and they will have 2 minutes to remember the cards. They will then engage the cards twice each. Misses are not scored, but an incorrect card being hit is a penalty. This event has to be completed by the spotter. Solo sniper teams will not be able to compete in this event.

Event 3
    The sniper must engage a ring style target using his/her side arm 10 times. Every pull of the trigger counts whether it actually fires a bb or not. Make sure you have a spare mag if needed and make sure it is reliable. This side arm may be any sidearm not being used on full auto. Full auto will disqualify the shooter from this event. The sniper must carry this side arm all day long so if you chose something ridiculous like an M-16 it will encumber you during other events.

Event 4
    This will be an endurance test. The sniper and spotter will be required to run a course and then engage a target three times. You will have 5 minutes to range and engage the targets after running. The range estimation and target hitting are more important than the time it takes to run the course so they will be weighted more than the run time. Run time is a factor though in the over all score for this event so try to do it as fast as possible. Stealth is not a factor in this event.

Event 5
    This will be the stalk portion of the competition. You will have a stalking course and have 2 hours to make it to the target. You will be given the targets rough coordinates and the target will be in its final location 30 minutes before the end of the stalk event. The target will be able to be hit from 360 degrees. You must call in on the radio and request permission to fire. At anytime you are spotted by the staff before the shot is made, points will be deducted. Staff will not be turning rocks over and beating bushes to look for you, but you should be wary of them. There will be three possible ways to earn points. Attempting the shot will earn points, hitting the target will earn even more points, and then not being detected after hitting the target will earn the most points. You will not get the most points if you miss the target, since you missed the target it is assumed the target flees and it is a failed mission so you only get points for attempting it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Something of this relation:

Event 1
    The sniper/spotter team will draw a range card to include all 5 targets and their distance from the shooter. The card will be turned in before the Sniper starts shooting. The two closest targets will have playing cards on them and your spotter will be given a copy of the correct cards to engage. You will engage each card two times and each target two times. A miss is not scored, but a hit on an incorrect card is a penalty.

Event 2
    The spotter will engage two different targets with playing cards on them. I will hand the spotter a copy of the card he/she is to engage and they will have 2 minutes to remember the cards. They will then engage the cards twice each. Misses are not scored, but an incorrect card being hit is a penalty. This event has to be completed by the spotter. Solo sniper teams will not be able to compete in this event.

Event 3
    The sniper must engage a ring style target using his/her side arm 10 times. Every pull of the trigger counts whether it actually fires a bb or not. Make sure you have a spare mag if needed and make sure it is reliable. This side arm may be any sidearm not being used on full auto. Full auto will disqualify the shooter from this event. The sniper must carry this side arm all day long so if you chose something ridiculous like an M-16 it will encumber you during other events.

Event 4
    This will be an endurance test. The sniper and spotter will be required to run a course and then engage a target three times. You will have 5 minutes to range and engage the targets after running. The range estimation and target hitting are more important than the time it takes to run the course so they will be weighted more than the run time. Run time is a factor though in the over all score for this event so try to do it as fast as possible. Stealth is not a factor in this event.

Event 5
    This will be the stalk portion of the competition. You will have a stalking course and have 2 hours to make it to the target. You will be given the targets rough coordinates and the target will be in its final location 30 minutes before the end of the stalk event. The target will be able to be hit from 360 degrees. You must call in on the radio and request permission to fire. At anytime you are spotted by the staff before the shot is made, points will be deducted. Staff will not be turning rocks over and beating bushes to look for you, but you should be wary of them. There will be three possible ways to earn points. Attempting the shot will earn points, hitting the target will earn even more points, and then not being detected after hitting the target will earn the most points. You will not get the most points if you miss the target, since you missed the target it is assumed the target flees and it is a failed mission so you only get points for attempting it.

sounds great. i wish i could rep you but apparently i repped you recently so ill give you a iou

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I would think unless you are LEO or Military it would be a long range shooting event. IMHO I think we as gun owners should refrain from titles like Sniper, Assault Rifle, and so on.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I would think unless you are LEO or Military it would be a long range shooting event. IMHO I think we as gun owners should refrain from titles like Sniper, Assault Rifle, and so on.

call it whatever you want, im in. this is one of the best ideas ive seen on here. where were you thinking would it take place. if we do it pre planting my house would be a decent spot but its a long way from most of the site so a central location might be better

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN

Huh?

Will have to come up with something. I for one don't have any experience in long range shooting but have a few ideas up my sleeve. As for a location, I'm clueless there. Maybe someplace that offers long shots and then "real" long shots? Anyone here have any experience they are willing to offer? Maybe have to spend the winter months pre-planning and have a shoot early spring.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Im in. I think we should call it the 'Tactical 50 cal Sniper Rifle Armor Piercing Military Assault AK47 Clip Sawed-Off Shotgun with a Barrel Shroud' shooting event! :laugh: I dont think it matters what we call it really. The '1st Annual INGO Sniper Shoot' has a nice ring to it.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    What I have came up with so far.....

EXAMPLE:

One Shooter and Spotter Team at a time at the line along with a Timer/RO.

Colored Plywood Markers at 50yds, 70yds, 80yds, 100yds, 150yds, and 200yds (can go further depending on location) with sorted playing cards on each marker. Each shooter will be assigned a number and is to ONLY shoot his/her card. Each yardage will have a different card layout and different colored backdrop.

For Example:

50yds:
    Example1.jpg

70yds:
    Example2.jpg

When the Timer/RO gives the “GO” the spotter will read out loud to the shooter which colored marker to shoot. The shooter will then engage (1) shot at his number on that marker. Once the first marker is engaged the spotter will then read the next colored marker to be engaged. The shooter will then engage (1) shot at his number on that marker, and so on… Once the last marker is engaged the timer stops and is recorded along with the hits/misses on each marker.

The next Shooter/Spotter Team then comes to the line. The layout would look something like this:
    Layout.jpg

Spotter Card Examples:
    Spotter1.jpg
    Spotter2.jpg

Scoring:
    Scoring will consist of who has the fastest time and has hit their correct targets.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This would be interesting to me. Would be nice to go beyond 200 yards though.
    Also another website sniperchat used to do what they called sniper golf. Consisted mstly of golf balls hanging from a holder at various ranges :)

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Allen I'd rep ya but I'm out for the day. The golf ball idea sounds pretty interesting. I imagine the event I just planned out in the above post wouldn't last very long... Maybe have multiple events set up something like FNS. I wouldn't mind going beyond 200 yards as well but I guess that would also depend on who is shooting what gun.

Still looking for some more ideas and a place to hold this...

Top Bottom