• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Its aal a lye,I's bin smooking pots sense the sith grad an its aint affectid my entelegence on bit.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    One must consider that a normal teen doesn't smoke pot regularly. Often overlooked is the desire to self medicate due to pre-existing conditions, such as ADD. People with mild to severe ADD tend to gravitate towards pot naturally, and these people obviously will have less well developed frontal lobes (that is where ADD exists, in the frontal lobes). People with ADD are also more likely to become "locked on" to the habit of smoking pot, because people with ADD rarely do anything in moderation, so if not self medicating, the regular pot usage could still just be a symptom of ADD.

So it boils down to whether you believe pot in teens causes ADD, or is a symptom of ADD. The study completely ignored this well known phenomena, and so it is invalid.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

In other news, the world still needs ditch diggers, and your mother is a woman.

I think the research is skewed. I think only the dumb ones smoke pot and that just guarantees the pot smokers do lousy on the tests. :dunno:

;) Just could not resist. BTW, I still do not know what pot smells like. I have probably walked through a cloud of it and never noticed, but I still would not notice if a pothead lit up right next to me.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I think the research is skewed. I think only the dumb ones smoke pot and that just guarantees the pot smokers do lousy on the tests. :dunno:

;) Just could not resist. BTW, I still do not know what pot smells like. I have probably walked through a cloud of it and never noticed, but I still would not notice if a pothead lit up right next to me.

Ever smelled a dead skunk? :laugh:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

Ever smelled a dead skunk? :laugh:

I did not know that death smelled the same before and after becoming road kill. :):

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Here, I'll do my own "scientific study." The people that work for me that are known pot smokers are the dumbest guys I have. They get lost finding jobs that they go to weekly, forget to take important material for the job, forget to do part of the job, forget to get up to come to the job. Yes, they eventually get fired. And yes, people that don't smoke sometimes make these same mistakes but seldom is it a pattern.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Here, I'll do my own "scientific study." The people that work for me that are known pot smokers are the dumbest guys I have. They get lost finding jobs that they go to weekly, forget to take important material for the job, forget to do part of the job, forget to get up to come to the job. Yes, they eventually get fired. And yes, people that don't smoke sometimes make these same mistakes but seldom is it a pattern.

Sounds like a better scientific study, than the scientific study.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian

What you and several others are thinking of are pot heads, and i will concede that they are dumb as a box of rocks. And that is their choice i know a few.

I also know of / know a few personally.

Here are a few lists.
    VeryImportantPotheads
    The 10 Smartest Pot Smokers on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It «

Oh and don't forget our founding fathers
    List of United States politicians who admit to cannabis use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is one of those liberties that some people here talk about. If you don't smoke hey more power to you. If do hey more power to you. If you drink or smoke cigs then stop being a hypocrite just because your choice is legal.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The good news is, is that if you already smoked a lot in adolescence you are already dumb and can continue to smoke all you want now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What is "routine"?

Once a week?

Once every couple of hrs, every day?

Know some folks who have done the "wake n bake" for 20yrs or more. Yup, they're pretty well burnt. Saw decline at age 30, but functional. Only gets worse with time/usage.

The study included those used marijuana on a daily basis. So once a day and they qualified.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    What you and several others are thinking of are pot heads, and i will concede that they are dumb as a box of rocks. And that is their choice i know a few.

I also know of / know a few personally.

Here are a few lists.
    VeryImportantPotheads
    The 10 Smartest Pot Smokers on the Planet… Cool Enough to Admit It «

Oh and don't forget our founding fathers
    List of United States politicians who admit to cannabis use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is one of those liberties that some people here talk about. If you don't smoke hey more power to you. If do hey more power to you. If you drink or smoke cigs then stop being a hypocrite just because your choice is legal.

This list is flawed!!!!! It includes at least one who did not inhale!!!

Seriously though, I think you hit it on the head so to speak by categorizing "potheads" from occasional smokers. How many from these lists fall into the category of "potheads"? The same can be said for alcohol use.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    90% of statistics are100% B.S.
    What was the samples size? 52 people. Not even a thousandth of a percent of the population of Greenwood IN let alone the world.

If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives where RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL f**king high on drugs. The Beatles were so f**king high they let Ringo sing a few songs. Bill Hicks

Is that so. Odd, I seem to listen to many, many artists who are also able to make beautiful music without needing drugs of any sort. Your argument is both flawed and irrelevant, since it relies upon an individual's taste in music (I hate the Beatles) and since many terrible things have brought about useful results.

If you wish to smoke pot, I would gladly cast a vote in your favor: doesn't mean I won't think it's an idiotic decision to make.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Is that so. Odd, I seem to listen to many, many artists who are also able to make beautiful music without needing drugs of any sort. Your argument is both flawed and irrelevant, since it relies upon an individual's taste in music (I hate the Beatles) and since many terrible things have brought about useful results.

Not my words, Bill Hicks as stated on the quote. I would like a few of your favorites though to see who you listen to.

If you wish to smoke pot, I would gladly cast a vote in your favor: doesn't mean I won't think it's an idiotic decision to make.

That is what makes liberty great. We can agree to disagree.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Not my words, Bill Hicks as stated on the quote. I would like a few of your favorites though to see who you listen to.

True, but you quoted his words as if you agreed with the statement. I was merely arguing against them to see your response.

Jars of Clay, Third Day, Casting Crowns...these are a few of those I listen to. My tastes are largely focused into religious subsets of various genres, and only a few of those. Well, that and the occasional hymn (usually updated to use something other than just a piano or an organ).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Study's show that 100% of all people who drink water will die.

beaker-oh-sht.jpg

I drank that crap today! It was even in my coffee..... :runaway:

Top Bottom