• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Has anyone bought the m&p 10mm recently? I curious if they have fixed the feeling issues some people have experienced.

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    Assuming you meant feeding? Apparently the Performance Center models are good to go. A buddy of mine picked up a 4" 2.5 months ago and it was having issues, but we nailed that one down to mags and simply using mags that didn't come with the pistol fixed the issue.

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    Assuming you meant feeding? Apparently the Performance Center models are good to go. A buddy of mine picked up a 4" 2.5 months ago and it was having issues, but we nailed that one down to mags and simply using mags that didn't come with the pistol fixed the issue.
    Is he still using factory s&w mags just not ones that it came with?

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    Is he still using factory s&w mags just not ones that it came with?
    Correct. He bought 2 new ones from magshack (not endorsed, not an ad) and they ran flawlessly. We took 1 new one and 1 "stock" one apart and noted unscientifically that the spring that came with the pistol was noticeably weaker than the other one. This was just compressing in hand, seeing how much bounce they had, and we both agreed blindly that the spring was weaker. Putting new spring in stock body was fine.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Are they still having magazine problems yet?
    If I got a bad magazine I'd notify S&W and send it back for one that works.

Sphinx313

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Central
    Are they still having magazine problems yet?
    If I got a bad magazine I'd notify S&W and send it back for one that works.
    So, I am not sure if they still are today, but 2.5 months ago they were. But we also picked that gun up from a local shop that was sitting on it for a few months, so the newer batches may be completely fine. I just know his had mag issues. The new mags got him through the month while he waited for S&W to RMA.

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Thanks.. I’ve been thinking about get one but the feeding issue has had me second guessing it. So next question is for those who have shot one. How do you feel about the performance and accuracy. My intention will be for deer season. I’ve shot a hand full of deer with my 357 and would like try something different and easier to carry.

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    So, I am not sure if they still are today, but 2.5 months ago they were. But we also picked that gun up from a local shop that was sitting on it for a few months, so the newer batches may be completely fine. I just know his had mag issues. The new mags got him through the month while he waited for S&W to RMA.
    That’s kind of what I’ve been wanting on. I was hoping that at the very least by now sending mags back to the factory would be quick and easy.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The below quote is from another forum I'm on concerning changes made to the M&P 10mm.

I WISH I could find out just what these tweaks were, as I have a 4.6" M&P I bought new in March of 2022, and it has problems with feeding DoubleTap 200 grain hard cast bullets with the wide flat front end.
    I've ALSO heard of putting stronger magazine springs in, and many buy them from Springer Precision.

Quote from another forum I'm in.
    "A former business partner sits on S&W's board of directors.
    Early in 2023 I called him and asked about reported FTF/FTE problems and magazine shortages with the S&W M&P 2.0 10mm pistols, and S&W's response. He mentioned S&W's issues (1) related to its relocation and (2) arising from the COVID work slowdown.
    He told me that S&W tweaked the magazine design and changed the recoil springs in the last half of 2022.
    Those fixes likely began hitting the retailers' shelves early in 2023.
    That jives with the comments I've read in this forum.
    Generally, I suspect S&W launched the M&P 2.0 10mm a bit too soon - before it had identified and sorted those problems."

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    The below quote is from another forum I'm on concerning changes made to the M&P 10mm.

I WISH I could find out just what these tweaks were, as I have a 4.6" M&P I bought new in March of 2022, and it has problems with feeding DoubleTap 200 grain hard cast bullets with the wide flat front end.
    I've ALSO heard of putting stronger magazine springs in, and many buy them from Springer Precision.

Quote from another forum I'm in.
    "A former business partner sits on S&W's board of directors.
    Early in 2023 I called him and asked about reported FTF/FTE problems and magazine shortages with the S&W M&P 2.0 10mm pistols, and S&W's response. He mentioned S&W's issues (1) related to its relocation and (2) arising from the COVID work slowdown.
    He told me that S&W tweaked the magazine design and changed the recoil springs in the last half of 2022.
    Those fixes likely began hitting the retailers' shelves early in 2023.
    That jives with the comments I've read in this forum.
    Generally, I suspect S&W launched the M&P 2.0 10mm a bit too soon - before it had identified and sorted those problems."
    Thank you for the info. I have been noticing there are a lot less complaints about those issues once I started paying attention to the dates the posts I’ve been reading.

Johnk

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    Nice let us know how she handles for ya.
    The firearm ran flawlessly; the operator however did not. Being new to me I was unfamiliar with the location of the mag release and several times in a row I inadvertently dropped the mag with my thumb. Once it finally sank in the way I was holding the pistol was at fault as I was bumping the mag release. I messed with my grip a bit and then changed to a larger backstop which caused my grip to change naturally and all was solved. no more mag drops.
    In summary, this is a BEAST OF A FIREARM. The biggest handful I've ever had(other than my wife). The kick is tremendous and satisfying, at least for the first 30 rounds or so...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The firearm ran flawlessly; the operator however did not. Being new to me I was unfamiliar with the location of the mag release and several times in a row I inadvertently dropped the mag with my thumb. Once it finally sank in the way I was holding the pistol was at fault as I was bumping the mag release. I messed with my grip a bit and then changed to a larger backstop which caused my grip to change naturally and all was solved. no more mag drops.
    In summary, this is a BEAST OF A FIREARM. The biggest handful I've ever had(other than my wife). The kick is tremendous and satisfying, at least for the first 30 rounds or so...
    You do know that the earlier version of this pistol would pop out the magazine without the button being pressed?

Mine would forcefully eject the magazine when I tried shooting DoubleTap 200 grain hard cast rounds with the wide front bullet.
    If I tried shooting it and holding the button closed by pushing in on the opposite side, it would jam instead. (picture below)

YET, it fired all other rounds up to 180 grain S&B flawlessly.

Several others had this same problem, AND there are video examples of this happening NOT DUE to "operator error".
    Supposedly the newer ones have less of a problem with this.
    Doubletap200HardCast.jpg

Last edited:

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    It’s always good to hear the positives of a range trip ,and the negatives especially when you are willing to admit the negatives may have been operator error.
    Sounds like you ended up enjoying your new purchase. Thank you for your info it’s very helpful.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    ... especially when you are willing to admit the negatives may have been operator error.
    -snip-
    In in the interest of accuracy, there are many cases of the early ones ejecting the magazines NOT DUE to operator error.
    Take the time to research it, don't just take my word for it.

My case is one of them, but just with one brand/type of cartridge.
    All others worked fine.
    I didn't hit the magazine release ever when firing my pistol.
    AND the fact that S&W did do some tweaks to this pistol to address it's early problems pretty much shows that.

Top Bottom