• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Found a Smith Wesson 1076 in 10mm auto FBI issue at the local shop for 395. is this a good deal? also does anyone know if i could find a set of the curved back strap type grips for the 1076? or do they only make the straight grips like whats on it now? Also where could i find defensive loads for this type of caliber? like who makes hallow point ammo for the 10?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    That sounds like a good price for the gun if it is in good shape. I have a Glock 20 and looked at some used 1076s, but couldn't find that good of price.

As far as ammo, Double Tap ammo is the place to go. He sells hot loaded 10mm with a wide variety bullet options. He has a great reputation on Glocktalk. I personally have shot his 180 grain load and it is awesome. Keep in mind, most 10mm loads you buy comercially are downloaded to .40 ballistics. Double Tap offers hot loaded 10mm and some downloaded practice ammo.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Found a Smith Wesson 1076 in 10mm auto FBI issue at the local shop for 395. is this a good deal? also does anyone know if i could find a set of the curved back strap type grips for the 1076? or do they only make the straight grips like whats on it now? Also where could i find defensive loads for this type of caliber? like who makes hallow point ammo for the 10?

$395 for a functional 1076 is a steal. Either buy it or let us know where it is. I'm not joking.

The grips on the 1076 are the same as for the 45XX series, so you can get either curved or straight.

The "standard" for 10mm has been Winchester 175gr Silver Tip JHP for a lot of years. Hornady also has some excellent loads in their XTP line in 155gr, 180gr (two loads), and 200gr. Cor-Bon has a few loads, both for carry and for hunting. There are also some small "boutique" loaders like the aformentioned Double Tap with some good loads.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I agree with Rhino -- that is a steal of a price if the gun is in decent shape and fires.

As far as ammo, I know that Double Tap is more of a boutique company, but their ballistics are simply better than Hornady, Corbon, etc. And, for the most part the price is better. They may be smaller, but they move a lot of ammo in direct sales.

As you can probably tell, i'm dissapointed with most easy to find 10mm ammo. Most stuff you find at the retailers is simply not up to what the 10mm can offer. Why buy a 10mm to shoot .40 S&W loaded rounds?

Georgia Arms also offers good prices on 10mm practice ammo. I haven't used them, though.

Check out the ballistics for Double Tap Speer Gold Dots:
    180gr. @ 1300fps / 676ft/lbs- Glock 20:rockwoot:

Top Bottom