• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Where can one get a quality micro "TORX" or star bits/driver set?

I bought a cheap one on ebay last year to switch my Kershaw Black Blur from point down carry to point up carry. I just picked up a Kershaw Leek and wanted to change the clip, as well and noticed the bit is already distorted.

Also where can you find the screws? Is there a source other than Kershaw?

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Brad of Brad's Knives (of course :D), sells a nice little tool kit made by Benchmade that will have the proper sized torx bits. Those bits will not take much torque at all, they will break/strip out in a hurry if you over-do it.

As far as the screws are concerned, contact Kershaw, they'll likely send some to you free of charge.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I believe Sears has some precision torx drivers - think that's where I got mine to switch the clip on my spyderco endura for point down carry.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    I can confirm Sears / Craftsman carries them. I have a set. You will also probably be able to find them at Fry's - Torx are popular fasteners in computers/mp3 players/etc.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    These are way small, less than 10, typically reserved for small electronics, it's probably size 6.

Knife Lady:
    I bought my Black Blur from Brad and my ESSE 3 from you both at the 1500
    My latest purchase of the Leek was an amazon impulse buy, because I was already getting a few things on there. $36.49 free shipping.
    Do you know the part number of the Benchmade tool kits Brad has? Could you have him message me the part# and price? I like the look of the 981084F over the folding style 98599F.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I did not like the folding type. They just seemed awkward to use. Lowes has a small set with 4 double ended bits that works great. I also got it to adjust my Leek.

Shop Kobalt 8-in-1 Precision TORX Head Screwdriver at Lowes.com

820909602729xl.jpg

I actually called our local Lowes and asked if they had it in stock and the tool dept. put my name on it and held it at the front counter for me till the next day. It was nice to see that kind of service from a chain store.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    These are way small, less than 10, typically reserved for small electronics, it's probably size 6.

Knife Lady:
    I bought my Black Blur from Brad and my ESSE 3 from you both at the 1500
    My latest purchase of the Leek was an amazon impulse buy, because I was already getting a few things on there. $36.49 free shipping.
    Do you know the part number of the Benchmade tool kits Brad has? Could you have him message me the part# and price? I like the look of the 981084F over the folding style 98599F.

The Benchmade model# that I carry is 981084F. It comes with 2 each of #6, #8, and #10. Also has an extended bit holder that snaps into the plastic case which can be used as the handle. They are $20.00.

I have plenty of screws for knives that are bought from me. :D

Top Bottom