• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I want to try carrying SOB. I hate buying holsters because if I decide to stick with my normal carry rig then the new holster goes in a corner never to be seen again. I'm guessing some of you have the same corner to dig in.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I highly recommend against SOB carry. The hollow spot where you plan on putting that piece of steel, is there for a reason. If/when you fall on your back, the muscles on both side of that hollow spot, act as a cushion and absorb the impact far before the spine comes in contact with something hard. Put that piece of steel in that hollow, and it will transfer the energy of an impact directly to the spine. I am not a doctor, but every time I have fallen on my back, I was glad it was the muscles that ended up sore and not a broken spine.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I highly recommend against SOB carry. The hollow spot where you plan on putting that piece of steel, is there for a reason. If/when you fall on your back, the muscles on both side of that hollow spot, act as a cushion and absorb the impact far before the spine comes in contact with something hard. Put that piece of steel in that hollow, and it will transfer the energy of an impact directly to the spine. I am not a doctor, but every time I have fallen on my back, I was glad it was the muscles that ended up sore and not a broken spine.

I appreciate the concern sir. read/heard it before, but would still like to give it a shot. If it doesn't work out then ill add the holster to my collection of holsters I ended up not caring for.

Did you have a holster that didnt work for you SOB?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'll second wolfman. Had one for my G27. Really didn't like it that much, as it wasn't as comfy as you might expect.

having this fact pointed out caused me to transfer mine from the box o gun accessories in the back of my closet to the trash. I already have a bad back at 41, thanks to injuries and an accident, so I don't need anything to speed up its deterioration.

Top Bottom