• ...and so much more!
  • Armorer59

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Greene County
    S&W M&P Shield. I'm waiting on delivery of mine in 9mm

+1 Have a 9mm and the size is GREAT! Not to mention the Shield trigger is better than ANY striker fired sub compact I've tried. Lined up a Ruger, Beretta Nano, Kahr and Kel-tec the day I bought the Shield.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'd definitely check out the Kahr. Mine is a CM9 (9mm), but the .40 version is about the same size. I looked around very hard before buying it. It has no safety, a plus for me in a defensive gun, a good trigger (it is a long, "soft" trigger as opposed to a crisp, clicky one, a factor some may not prefer but I like it). It is smaller and lighter than some other popular offerings (and has less "issues").

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Walther PPS I have one in 9mm and really like it. The .40 is the same size just loses 1 round of capacity.

bballard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm not sure how small you are thinking but my CZ-P07 does not seem to be too big or bulky and performs great. The 12+1 capacity is a bit larger than the others listed above, but its a great gun.

Wilson380AR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    I have a Sig238 that I carry in the warmer months bit I am wanting something larger in caliber but still small for the winter months. I like the Kahr CM40 and I've had the Glock 27 in the past. I am a small frame guy and it can be difficult to keep it hidden if any larger.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The Walther PPS for sure. I loved mine except that it didn't fit my hand very well (full size Glocks fit great), I loved how easy it was to conceal and I loved shooting it. I tried a Hogue wrap around grip on on it it improved my shooting greatly but at the cost of the slimness that was part of what I loved about it. I have it for sale primarily because I am no longer shooting .40.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I understand you said single stack. But depending on how you want to carry it, I'd consider the glock G27. I used to think it was large, but over time, it carries excellent and very comfortably. My buddy has one of the Walther PPS. Nice shooter too, but the G27 is my pick...

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I've carried the Taurus PT709 for 4 years and its been reliable....I know you said 40 cal. but the PT740 is the same, just caliber difference.
    Some dont like Taurus, Ive been "lucky" three times.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    For a single stack 40, I don't think it gets much better than the Kahr PM or CM series. I have my CM40 on my belt as I type this. Great trigger, reliable, and very concealable. One of my favorite carry guns.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    I've thinned my handgun collection down to primarily 9mm and .45ACP because I've never found a .40 that I can shoot as well on the same platforms with one exception...the Springfield Armory EMP.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I was by USDS today and they had a 40 shield if you are interested.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member~~ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] ~~[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] ~~[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Top Bottom