• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    New knife tonight. I cut two blanks for this, yet to be, named model over the weekend. This would be blank No. 17 in the journey. Each blank when made is stamped in order, I don't always make them if I have 3-4 blanks cut in the order they are numbered, but it helps me keep track. Hence forth, they will all be numbered as they have been.

Sketched it out, and made it.. To me it's a pokie slicer of a different shape. Someone a few days ago asked me about a patch knife and this is where I kind of went with it..

5/32" O-1. 3 1/8" Saber Grind, Convex cutting bevel... Approx. 6.5" OAL. Stabilized Fiddleback Koa Scales w/ 3/16" Brass Pins..

JG Knives & Tools

1912166_218552698343766_1922622624_n.jpg

Last edited:

PoolQs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Noblesville
    Very impressed with your grind lines, especially with that 1x30 HF in the background !!
    Your last knife you said you did in O1 and I will assume that you did the same here.
    Are you sending out your HT or you doing it yourself?
    I want to start doing O1, 52100, or even S30V but don't have an oven yet.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well Gamez, as you can tell you are building a following and it's growing with each knife. So, it's time to start including the specs. Case in point is your knife above and inquiring readers want to know; what are the specs? Many thanks.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    When available the prices are posted up and over on the website/facebook. I don't think I can "sell" them here, as I don't pay to advertise for my hobby here on INGO. That being said, most of the smaller blades (SPK, SSK, and this one and others less than 7" OAL) I usually let go for around 75.00-90.00, depending on handle material, grind, and how it turned out.. The larger ones, like the ARK or larger than 7" OAL, 100-115.00. The goal isn't to churn a bunch out and sell them, but I know I need to recoup some money.. It lets me buy more and better material and tools... The HT oven and some D2 is inbound...

Thanks for everyone's support.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    I've been following your progress (here and on FB). You have came a long way and I'm impressed........ Saying that, I have a fondness for the fat ones (that's what she said) but this one is my favorite so far!

Top Bottom