Skin Gun burn treatment. Awesome new technology!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    That is amazing. My question - is this treatment wide spread, if not, why not? Maybe someone on the forum from the medical field knows the status of this treatment.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    thats crazy, now if they could get the same process to work for cancer. none the less a great medical breakthrough

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    The results in the video are kinda misleading, while the burn looked bad it wouldn't of needed a skin graft anyway and the scaring would of been minimal. I've yet to see the gun tested on 3rd degree burns where a skin graft would be required. This is where the gun should really shine in preventing infection if it works as intended.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    The results in the video are kinda misleading, while the burn looked bad it wouldn't of needed a skin graft anyway and the scaring would of been minimal. I've yet to see the gun tested on 3rd degree burns where a skin graft would be required. This is where the gun should really shine in preventing infection if it works as intended.

on the natgeo program dealing with it there was a soldier or cop who was burn horribly all over one side of his body and what that gun did was nothing short of miraculous.

fordmanchris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder if on day they could make the technology good enough to regrow other organs in the body also? It would be great if they could! Seems to have much potential.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I wonder if on day they could make the technology good enough to regrow other organs in the body also? It would be great if they could! Seems to have much potential.

it was an hour long program that dealt with all sorts of organs not just the skin, it really was quite interesting. I'm sure it will get replayed over and over.

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    i would like to see that too. i really hope this thing pans out. that would be such a blessing for us survivors. i was 48% 3rd degree and it took 70 days before i was able to go home. it took several years to be back to where i was before functionality wise.

the minimization of scaring would be great not just for looks but functionality too. scar tissue bands contracts over time, ive had several released and my left hand has to be opened back up every few years. round three of that surgery gets scheduled on the 18th.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    VERY freakin cool!

Strangely enough, I was mildly burned today at work.
    Hair off both arms, eyebrows, eyelashes, beard singed.
    First degree burns on left forearm.
    Nothing needing new skin but.... :eek:

Important Tip:
    Silicon spray getting ignited by an electric motor is pretty impressive.
    :thatshot:

:laugh:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    VERY freakin cool!

Strangely enough, I was mildly burned today at work.
    Hair off both arms, eyebrows, eyelashes, beard singed.
    First degree burns on left forearm.
    Nothing needing new skin but.... :eek:

Important Tip:
    Silicon spray getting ignited by an electric motor is pretty impressive.
    :thatshot:

:laugh:

When I was a teenager I blew myself up with rocket fuel.

I really could have used this technology then. I healed, but it hurt. Severe first and second degree burns suck, face and hands.

I feel for you.

Josh

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Way cool.

Too bad this isn't readily available now.
    The powerful drug companies will want to kill this because it will cut into their antibiotic sales and profits. The hospitals will overcharge for it and since it will cost them revenue in lost days in burn unit ICU.

But I wonder if we could convince the insurance companies to group buy and donate them to save them money long term.
    The way the auto insurance companies donated dash cameras to local Police Departments so they could save money on accidents and dui lawsuits for repeat offenders. Lol

Top Bottom