• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Assimilator17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    I demand universal background checks on these assault weapons!

Prayers and condolences to the victims and families.

Assimilator17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    As funny (because it's true) as all of these comments out here have been, there is an ongoing effort to ban lengthy kitchen knives in the UK.

BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

"A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings. "

Now that is interesting. I guess it goes to show what comes next.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    As funny (because it's true) as all of these comments out here have been, there is an ongoing effort to ban lengthy kitchen knives in the UK.

BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

"A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings. "

I believe they are already age restricted purchases. I traveled there a few years ago and was watching their version of "Cops" one evening. They had pulled a guy over for some traffic violation and looked through his car. They found (horror of horrors) a 6 inch steak knife. They arrested him and took him before the Magistrate to explain why he would have such a thing in his vehicle. They didn't show if he had to pay a fine or do time but they did arrest him.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    The sarcasm is fun, but I predict nothing will come of this and it will quickly fade from the news. There will be no calls for knife bans or restrictions because knife attacks don't fit the political narrative.

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I heard when China elected the new boss at a conference in Beijing knives were banned for sale by all stores & street vendors.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Sorry ..... didn't find this thread ...... duped under "Assault Xacto Knife" .... mods pls delete / close
    sorrysign.gif

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I heard when China elected the new boss at a conference in Beijing knives were banned for sale by all stores & street vendors.

I believe that's correct. When I lived in Beijing they 'celebrated' the 60th Anniversary of the founding of the 'republic' (2009) and you also could not buy knives then either.

Interestingly enough when I lived in Winnipeg there was an epidemic of stabbings, and some provincial legislator floated the idea of knife control. It was seriously discussed, but don't believe it went anywhere.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    The sarcasm is fun, but I predict nothing will come of this and it will quickly fade from the news. There will be no calls for knife bans or restrictions because knife attacks don't fit the political narrative.
    Yet. Incrimentalism, first the guns then the knives then the baseball bats, walking sticks, steel toe boots, etc. Chicago already has a ban on all knives outside the home, can't you see that's eliminated stabbings there. All because there is a power grab going on and a failure to act upon the psychological factors involved in someone be able to person to person and building to building stabbing them in the face and neck.

I ask those students who say the police got there quickly why 14 students were stabbed? This is Texas, the perpetrator should have met the business end of a firearm after the first armed attack. However this is Texas, and despite measures introduced last year it would appear state law still prohibits students from carrying firearms on campus, making this another Government Victim Zone. Easy targets, lots of victims, lots of tragedy. Hopefully nobody lost their life as a result of this today, but considering they had to airlift multiple students I'd assume there will be several with serious issues for many years to come if not the rest of their life.

As I could not find the actual TX law here are multiple sources confirming the existence of such a law.
    Texas Senate approves bill to allow guns on college campuses | Reuters
    Guns on Campus: Overview
    MAP: Does Your State Let You Carry a Gun on Campus? | Mother Jones

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    WTS:

Benchmade mini griptillian, black handle, tanto point, serrated.
    RARE - PRE-BAN, like new.

$2,999.00 OHO

First PM with "I'll take it!" gets it.

This is NOT gouging, just market forces at work.

FTF in Kokomo, no pictures - we all know what they look like.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    What if it saved just one life, wouldn't it be worth it?

I propose a bill demanding we wrap our selves (especially our children!) in bubble wrap before we're allowed to leave the house. Of course it needs to be organic, vegan, BPA free, and not make a popping noise in case someone is standing too close. Shoes will need to be Velcro too, to help prevent folks from hanging themselves due to the Blomberg nanny state.

Top Bottom