• ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Looking for one of these for my new slug gun. Was looking at 1.5-4.5X32mm

I know they are both by bushnell now. I also see some nice looking centerpoint shotun scopes at wally world. They any good?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I've got a Simmons Pro Diamond 2X on my turkey gun and really like it.

When Mr. Gobbler's head is in that Diamond he is meat in the pan....

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    After numerous bad experiences with simmons and bushnell, I have rid the stable of all but leupold. You can NEVER go wrong with a leupold....

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    The general rule of thumb is you should put as much money in your optics or more than you do your gun (you can't shoot what you can't see). After years of using "cheaper" scopes, I finally went with a Leupold Varix-III on my H&R Ultra Hunter (20ga.). I actually have twice the money in that scope as I do the gun but what a big difference it made. Since then (7 to 10 years ago), I have purchased nothing but higher end scopes for all of my long guns.:twocents:

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've had a 4 power pro diamond on my 12 gauge 870 for ten + years without a bit of trouble. It's not near as nice as some that you will spend a lot more on, and I have thought about replacing it, but I really don't have any good reason to do so. The clarity of the glass, and light transmission is what I would consider fine for shotgun range deer hunting in Indiana. I guess if it ever stops holding zero I would upgrade but until then, why? If a leupold is not in the budget, as was in the case when I purchased my pro diamond, I would say go with the pro diamond. Good luck and happy hunting.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I own both,a pro diamond and a couple of banners. All are great scopes. Never had a bit of trouble out of any of them. And center point, I also have one on my gammo whisper pellet rifle, that is a scope killer. The reverse recoil destroys scopes and they never hold a zero for more then 3 shots, but the center point has been on there for prob. 2000 shots and still holding it's zero. The clarity of the Simmons pro diamond is the better of the three though.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    My wife has a Pro Diamond on her slug gun and loves it!! I use a Nikon Slugger, and if I wasn't using it, I'd be snagging a Pro Diamond for my shotgun.

I replaced all my Bushnells with either Nikon, Millett, or Simmons (NEW style).

Oh wait, I do have one lone Sportsman on a beloved 3006, simply because after boresighting, it was dead on and I only shot 3 bullets, and it looked like the original scope the gun had on it when I bought it in the late 80's. It's a new Sportsman, and for the money, a fantastic deal.

Don't discount Simmons scopes, they have some great stuff. I was surprised to see a 44mag in the case at Dicks, and it was like $2 under dealer cost. A terrific deal.

I did take a look at a Bushnell XLT, and if I ever do purchase a Bushnell, it'll be that product. Very Impressive!

I'm always surprised to see when Dicks has Nikon ProStaffs in the case for $99.99. That's nearly $30 under dealer cost. What surprises me more is when they aren't sold out at that price.

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I did take a look at a Bushnell XLT, and if I ever do purchase a Bushnell, it'll be that product. Very Impressive!

Picked one up last weekend and mounted it today. Nice clear picture and forehead shock resistant if you try to shot it off the top of a range bag without holding the front end down like you were just doing with the 22 :ugh:.

Top Bottom