• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I keep all of mine in the safe with silicone socks on them. I of course apply a thin coat of Birchwood Casey's "Barrickade" oil on the firearm then in the sock it goes. Sock keeps the dents & dings from happening when removing my guns in and out. Been doing it for years. Got the idea from here on INGO a few years ago. I highly recommend it.:)

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I use them and as others have said they're good for limiting and bumps and dings from moving guns in and out of the safe.

Years ago my dad bought a bunch of gun storage sleeves called Muzzle Nuzzles. I believe the company that made them went out of business, but I sure wish I had some. They're made of a cotton canvas type material but the inside is almost like a cross between a fleece and a flannel material. IMO shotguns and rifles just fit in them much better, even rifles with a scope.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have and use over 100 of them. I make it a practice to never put an uncleaned weapon in one and have never had any issue with their use. Back in the day I would buy them by the 6-pack...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I use the silicone socks my firearms especially my “prized” pieces. I don’t use them on my military collectibles as they already have their own “patina”. My main reason for using socks is to avoid dings and scratches like others have stated.

Last edited:

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    They are inexpensive and work great. If you want a spare rifle you can always tell your wife "I forgot I had a similar one" after the fact because of the sock's secret cloaking ability.

That's probably a one time excuse, but it seems reasonable to me.

Top Bottom