• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    if you could only have one or the other silencer or full auto which would you choose? tactical advantages? dissadvantages?
    aa12_2.jpg

why?
    p90.jpg

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I would like a full auto P-90 with the silencer, the bottom one, nugh said!! and for my second gun the top one!!! Why! Because I can start shooting them a whole lot sonner with the P-90 (while they are farther away) and clean up close range with the A-12 :draw::wavey:

phil

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    If I had enough ammo, I'd go full auto! Spray and pray is always fun.:) But, with the price of ammo, I could go bankrupt in about an hour. Then how would I be able to afford the divorce?!?! Maybe I'd just go for....nope...still full auto!

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    I think it really does depend on the situation. That being said I think the silencer is generally more advantages than full auto.

Full Auto:
    adv- zombies and other close-combat 'targets'
    disadv- I'll still want to go semi-auto for any targets even remotely out there because accuracy is so greatly affected even by the lowest recoil weapons. Not to mention the lower efficiency in ammo consumption and noise will eliminate any chance of remaining unnoticed.

suppressor:
    adv: With proper tactics, even heavily armed enemies can be eliminated with out detection. Maximum potential for ammo efficiency.
    disadv: Accuracy will still be affected noticeably.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    As an owner of both (though not the guns pictured, LOL), I'll say suppressor, hands down.

Why?

Full-auto guns have the "fun factor," but that's about it. They are expensive to acquire, even more expensive to keep fed, you have limited options on places to shoot them (most public ranges and many clubs don't allow F/A) and in any situations short of battlefield combat, they can't do anything my semi-autos can't do as well or better.

Silencers, OTOH, have a pretty high fun factor of their own, but they are also relatively inexpensive to acquire (as Class III toys go), quite versatile (one can can be used on several different platforms), have numerous practical applications (there's no better way to teach a new shooter than on a suppressed .22), and you can shoot them anywhere the host gun is allowed.

My :twocents:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    if you could only have one or the other silencer or full auto which would you choose? tactical advantages? dissadvantages? why?

Suppressor, the stealth advantage is far superior to spray and pray because it's much easier to knock'm down and move when they don't know where the shot came from.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    depends on the caliber being suppressed, you can hear .308 with a can a mile away, and while a suppressor may alter the noise of the gunshot to make it sound less like a gunshot, it could still attract attention from idk zombies!! i'd much rather have full-auto that way you dont have to sneak around with a silencer you can just blow it all away

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I agree on the full auto Thompson.

I had the choice to make a year ago and I chose the Suppressor because of the cost of playing with the full auto.

Shooting all day with the silencer on one of my 22's is a lot more fun than a few minutes with a full auto. (I keep saying this over and over)

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I think it really does depend on the situation. That being said I think the silencer is generally more advantages than full auto.

Full Auto:
    adv- zombies and other close-combat 'targets'
    disadv- I'll still want to go semi-auto for any targets even remotely out there because accuracy is so greatly affected even by the lowest recoil weapons. Not to mention the lower efficiency in ammo consumption and noise will eliminate any chance of remaining unnoticed.

suppressor:
    adv: With proper tactics, even heavily armed enemies can be eliminated with out detection. Maximum potential for ammo efficiency.
    disadv: Accuracy will still be affected noticeably.

Your last statement is simply not true based on modern designs. Sorry

OP- Suppressor hands down. Be it rifle or pistol.

Bob

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Top Bottom