• ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    American Rifleman | SIG Sauer Launches Legion Series P226/P229 Pistols

Functional upgrades:

Both the P226 and P229 will be finished in a proprietary Legion gray PVD coating, custom G-10 grips with a Legion medallion, the new SIG Sauer Electro-Optics X-RAY high visibility day/night sights and will ship with three magazines.

The P226 and P229 in DA/SA include a reduced and contoured Elite beavertail, which allows for a higher grip, but a reduced profile, thus eliminating printing. More aggressive front strap checkering and additional checkering under the trigger guard enhance the grip. An “X-Five” undercut has been applied to the trigger guard, allowing for a higher grip and greater control. Front cocking serrations provide greater purchase for cycling the action, clearing the firearm, or conducting press checks.

Marketing upgrades:

...customers purchase a Legion product...receive a web account login, which unlocks the Legion portion of the SIG website, where they can learn more about the privileges of being a member of the Legion and find exclusive products expressly designed for them. Partnering with companies like Surefire, Peltor, Blackpoint Tactical and others, members can purchase top-of-the-line accessories made exclusively as part of the Legion Series.

...These include but aren’t limited to: Emerson, Rick Hinderer, Daniel Winkler, and Duane Dyer of Strider Knives are designing and building these exclusive offerings specifically for the Legion.

Additional lifestyle accessories from premier manufacturers such as Gramm Works humidors and Key-Bar products will also be exclusives to the Legion base.
    Legion members will have exclusive access to SIG Sauer product news and training tips from SIG Sauer Academy faculty. They will also be among the first to see new Legion products as they come available.

Plans to expand:

...the Legion Series of products will grow to include offerings from all of SIG Sauer, including rifles, optics, silencers and more....

Legion Series | Sig Sauer

sig-p226-legion-9mm.jpg

Sounds like other than reduced trigger weight, it gets what you'd get from the Sig Custom Shop for an action enhancement package, plus the Bruce Gray trigger and frame modifications. I'm really digging those sights, too. Sort of like Trijicon HDs, but with a smaller gap in the back.

Yeah, I'll probably buy one or two of these.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hmmm... So I might need yet another P226...
    Not sure how I feel about the secret club thing though.
    those are some good looking knives though.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I am definitely interested. I was already a huge fan of the P226. One of my favorite handguns. The price tag of the Legion Series might be the only thing that keeps me from getting one of these... at least for now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am definitely interested. I was already a huge fan of the P226. One of my favorite handguns. The price tag of the Legion Series might be the only thing that keeps me from getting one of these... at least for now.

They are already on gunbroker for $1100-ish. That's on par with the existing Elite or Equinox series. WAAAAY cheaper than the X5 and the like. It looks like only the 9mm is out right now, though.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Pretty sweet pistol! I shoot so well with a 226 or 229. I just can't ever get myself to buy one! Haven't found the right one at the right price for me yet I suppose.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Sig Sauer Legion Video

Here's a more detailed video (25minutes). You can get a good look at it and all the features.
    [video=youtube;SNSe7nfLPKg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNSe7nfLPKg[/video]

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I was checking the zanders site Saturday at work, and they had them listed, but only the 40 s&w's were instock

but I saw this on a p320 facebook group
    View attachment 42001

might have to get another p320 !

Top Bottom