• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    ok i know some people will have to laugh and or start bashing but i broke down in a moment of weakness and bought a sw40ve and you know what i like it.It is easy to carry,shoots great(after some simple spring work) and best of all it was inexpensive.I was just seeing if anyone else has tried a sigma lately and had good results as well.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Its always good to get a new gun! Glad to hear your happy with your purchase. I have a SW990L and although its not a sigma i have been very pleased with it! BTW great choice of caliber :rockwoot:

Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    I have a sigma 9 and really like it. I also removed two springs from the trigger. I have never had a failure after more then 300 rounds. For the price can't be beat.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    in the interest of full disclosure,the choice in caliber was easy given the fact that i own a glock 22 and an m&p40,i was surprised at the abilities of the sigma ran just over 400 rounds not a single problem

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    I know they had lots of issues when they were first released. In fact the local PD only issued them to one class and after lots of complaints that class was re issued Glocks. But like I said it was the new one.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I bought a new sw9ve and besides the long heavy factory trigger it's a great gun. That is what I recommend to people new to guns looking for a semi auto. I never had any failures of any kind with it and at that price point I think that's hard to find.

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    It was one of my first handguns and I think the heavy trigger pull and recoil forced me to be a better shooter.

jsheets1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Portage NWI
    Back in the mid 90s I had a sigma 40. I hated it to say the least, the thing constantly ftf on me. I was looking for an inexpensive 9mm a couple months ago and hesitantly bought the 9ve. They really worked the bugs out I love it! I put a new wulff steel slide rod and spring as well as polished all the trigger components which really smoothed it out. It is now my regular IDPA gun, unless I feel like spending the money on 40 ammo to use the M&P. Happy shooting. I think the only other thing I may do is put on some better sights, only cause I find the stock ones a little blocky.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I hear mostly good things about them. However, My only experience with them is second hand. My buddy bought one and carried it for a long time. It wouldnt get through 3 rounds without stove piping. New mags, different ammo, didnt matter. It sucked. But who knows, it may have had a million rounds through it prior to him getting it.

He traded it in on a G22 and never looked back.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    The newer (VE series) Sigmas are very nice guns for the price. I bought the SW40VE NIB for $275. Works perfect for a truck gun or just banging around the woods. Very accurate, and the trigger doesn't bother me, I used to shoot lots of DA revolvers with worse pulls.

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    i got the 9ve a couple years back. i actually kept the trigger as is to make sure i was deliberate with my shot breaking. couple thou through it, not skipped a beat. and that 2 mag rebate thing made me a happy camper.

Top Bottom