• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serviceboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    franklin, in.
    I just bought a sw40ve. I haven't shot it yet. I also ordered a laser for it. It this laser gonna be accurate out of the box? Are the sights on the gun accurate out of the box?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    depending on what kind of laser you got its easy to sight in. ct grips come with a allen wrench and you adjust windage and elevation just like a scope. other lasers use shims that are a pita. as far as sights on your gun you just have to shoot it

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    No it will not be zeroed out of the box... and i think you will have a hard time w/ it... those lazers can be very finicky.... good luck and definatly post your zeroing experience.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    From the sounds of your questions, you need to get yourself to a class, like the NRA Basics class, ASAP.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If they are fixed sights they should be good to go as long as you know how to use them. I am not trying to insult you, but I do not know your background or experience with handguns. I am not saying anything bad about lasers, but you should first focus on being accurate with the standard sights. I wouldnt suggest training solely with a laser sight for beginners. just my :twocents: and again not intending to insult you, i just dont know if you have any experience. Good luck and keep us posted

and a big +1 to scutter about a class. No matter what your experience there can always be something to learn

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

"lasers"

serviceboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    franklin, in.
    yes ive been shooting since i was 11. starting off with muzzle loaders when me and my dad did civil war reinacting. i know how to shoot a gun, just never had a gun with a laser and have always wanted one, thats all.

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    My CT was -almost- perfect right out of the box. I had to adjust it ever so slightly to the right at 50 feet. VERY easy to do.

I like for my laser to be dead on with the sights. You can mentally adjust for windage / distance if needed.

samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    My C.T. manual says pre-sighted @ 50 feet.

As I said before though, it still required a slight adjustment. Probably off by the tiniest tolerance from the manufacturing process (of the gun that is)

Top Bottom