• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    So I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but some time today the white dot fell out of the front sight on my M&P. Anybody ever had this happen? Not sure if there's anything I can do except replace it, although this may be the excuse I need to justify putting night sights for it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've heard it before and I believe there is a thread on here. I think I read that the person sent it in to S&W and the fixed it for free and also sent them some free stuff back.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If it's just the white dot that fell out you can easily replace it with a drop of white Testors Model Enamel. I've done quite a few over the years. You can use white, yellow, orange or whatever color you want. Just put a drop in with a tooth pick and let it dry overnight and you're good to go. If it's the whole sight never mind me.... Lol. ;)

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Mine fell out on my Walther P22 the day I brought it home. I just used a white crayon and filled it in, can tell a difference.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have had a front sight come off a Colt.45 auto once, but never a white dot, then again I am mainly a Glock guy and have never heard of a dot falling out of one of their front sights.:dunno:

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    The dot on my M&P compact fell out after about 75 rounds. I called S&W and they sent me a new front sight. They gave me the option of sending it to them or just getting the part for free. Great customer service in my opinion - I'd give them a call. FWIW - I ended up taking it down to Elmore's and getting night sights - $100 installed.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The dot fell out of the 3 M&P's I've got. I just put a drop of white enamel paint in there, looks like factory. I have several thousand rounds through one of them and it's still there. Not a big deal but you'd think S&W would have fixed that annoyance by now.

nickl16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Same happened to my dads m&p 9... still haven't done anything with it yet, the crimson trace grips still work though so it hasn't been of great importance

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    It happened to my 40 also....funny thing is I have only about 25 rounds through the thing. Just filled it in with white nail polish.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    White out. Yep, the same thing for fixing typewriter mistakes. My goodness, do they still make white out? Do they still make typewriters?

Hey, if you ask, I have some great long range loads for the 30-40 Krag..:):

speedsix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    fort wayne
    If it's just the white dot that fell out you can easily replace it with a drop of white Testors Model Enamel. I've done quite a few over the years. You can use white, yellow, orange or whatever color you want. Just put a drop in with a tooth pick and let it dry overnight and you're good to go. If it's the whole sight never mind me.... Lol. ;)

This. Not worth sending the gun back for this minor issue.

Top Bottom