• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Well I just went and shot my p938 and it was nothing but problems. Not happy about it what so ever. The problem I was having was feeding problems. It shot fine but just wouldn't rack another round from the mag into the camber. Idk if its the mag or the gun. I did try two diffrent types and grains of ammo from 147 grain to 124 to my self defense rounds. Nothing but problems! Has anyone else had problems of this nature with the p938?

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Is the previous casing being ejected? There is plenty of talk on various forums about FTE and FTFeed with the 938.

A new ejector and a polished feed ramp seem to be the consensus.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Dumb question but your aren't limp-wristing it are you? Does this happen when someone else fires it?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm going to hazard a guess that you are NOT holding your wrist stiff enough for this handgun. Unlike a full size pistol which has a lot of MASS all by itself, the P938 (as well as similar compact/pocket sized pistols) will often not push the slide all the way back if your wrist allows too much slack.

I have a Beretta Nano and it will do this same thing if my arm is tired at the end of shooting a couple hundred rounds and I'm not holding it right. Note that this is NEVER an issue with any of my full sized semi-autos.

Try focusing on keeping your dominant arm straight and firmly support with your weak hand. You want your dominant hand/wrist/arm to be as straight as possible so that the force from the recoil is transferred directly to it and so the slide will move all the way to the rear. That will ensure that the slide will be back far enough to grab the next round and feed it.

Please don't worry, you will get use to this with a bit of practice now that you are aware of your "sloppy" style. No insult intended, it's just that you can get away with some things on a larger gun that will not work on a smaller one.

The P938 is a first-rate handgun and I'm sure you'll really like it once you get the hang of what it needs to work right.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If I don't hold my 938 with a good grip, it does the exact same thing. If I hold it like I should (a good firm grip) I have 0 issues.

Down side to a small/light gun.

That said, if you have another mag to try - do it.

I know I had issues with FTF on the very first round of a full magazine until I let it sit fully loaded for about 2 weeks. The spring is extremely strong for it's size.

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I'm going to hazard a guess that you are NOT holding your wrist stiff enough for this handgun. Unlike a full size pistol which has a lot of MASS all by itself, the P938 (as well as similar compact/pocket sized pistols) will often not push the slide all the way back if your wrist allows too much slack.

I have a Beretta Nano and it will do this same thing if my arm is tired at the end of shooting a couple hundred rounds and I'm not holding it right. Note that this is NEVER an issue with any of my full sized semi-autos.

Try focusing on keeping your dominant arm straight and firmly support with your weak hand. You want your dominant hand/wrist/arm to be as straight as possible so that the force from the recoil is transferred directly to it and so the slide will move all the way to the rear. That will ensure that the slide will be back far enough to grab the next round and feed it.

Please don't worry, you will get use to this with a bit of practice now that you are aware of your "sloppy" style. No insult intended, it's just that you can get away with some things on a larger gun that will not work on a smaller one.

The P938 is a first-rate handgun and I'm sure you'll really like it once you get the hang of what it needs to work right.

:yesway:

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Yeah I've never had a grip problem with any other firearm I've owned this size before. Ill have a buddy shoot it tomorrow and if the problem continues ill be sending it back to sig for sure. No sense in having a 700 dollar paper weight

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah I've never had a grip problem with any other firearm I've owned this size before. Ill have a buddy shoot it tomorrow and if the problem continues ill be sending it back to sig for sure. No sense in having a 700 dollar paper weight
    MSRP last I looked was $830, maybe it's gone up or maybe it's just always sold under MSRP.

That said, when was it manufactured - earlier 938's did have FTF, FTE issues due to poor Extractor/Ejector designs.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    MSRP last I looked was $830, maybe it's gone up or maybe it's just always sold under MSRP.

That said, when was it manufactured - earlier 938's did have FTF, FTE issues due to poor Extractor/Ejector designs.

They can be found for $700. Got one at the Crown Point gun show couple months ago for $700.

To the OP: Is this gun brand new? If so did you field strip and lube it? I had light strike problems with mine on day 1. Took it home cleaned and lubed it and 2nd time at range was much better. Was using 115gr and they recommend 124gr and up for the gun.

Injured my shoulder and haven't been back for a day 3 with the right ammo, but I am hoping for good results or sending mine in to see why I am getting light strikes.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Yeah I bought it from a member for 700 he paid 690 something plus tax. I paid full price because I've really been wanting one but I'm completely disappointed in the firearm. It was born on September 26-2012 and bought 2-17-2013

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah I bought it from a member for 700 he paid 690 something plus tax. I paid full price because I've really been wanting one but I'm completely disappointed in the firearm. It was born on September 26-2012 and bought 2-17-2013
    I believe the guns that came from the factory with the new parts started in October. If you call Sig and give them the serial they should be able to tell you if it needs the work done or not.

If it does, have them send you a shipping label.

That said, mine was manufactured in November if memory serves me and has been flawless other than the strong mag spring causing FTF on the first round.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

Be sure you try it again yourself and intentionally work on keeping your wrist and arm straight. I think you'll notice the difference right away. It will ultimately help your shooting as well. If you go to a training class the instructor will keep bugging you about your elbow and wrist not being locked.

It's not an entirely natural position but once you get the hang of it your shots, especially the follow-up shots, will be much more consistent. Plus it will keep the small Sig from failing to feed the next round.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Can't remember who said it, but someone told me to always do two things when you have problems with your gun..

• Let someone else shoot it
    • Try different ammo

Blondie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    sounds like you have a grip problem, find somewhere to get some lessons from a pro and you will not regret it . worked for me. money well spent

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yea I'm going to give it another shot this week if nothing changes ill be selling it or sending it back to sig then selling it
    If nothing changes, **call** them before you send anything off. Not only will they take care of you as Sig has decent customer service from my experience, but you'll save yourself some shipping if you get them to send you a label.

Do keep us updated.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Also after almost every round the slide locks back

Did I understand this part right? Are you saying the slide actually locks on the slide stop and you have to release the stop? (either by manually racking the slide back a little and letting it fall home or by depressing the slide stop -- which I don't particularly suggest)

Top Bottom