• ...and so much more!
  • Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mevQsdFmMA

Some of you may of heard or read about a Guns & Ammo TV story regarding the R&D work currently being done at Sig to make a "chopped down" P229. I found a video on another site that someone made while watching the broadcast.

I think this gun could be very popular. It'll be at least 2013, however, before it could hit the streets.

MeatyBacchus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    X-SIX-SCAND-BL-Detail_L.jpg

I like this one better

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Oh, great...

Sig has again made another piece of junk...

Just for the record, I carry a Sig 229 DAK every day to work. I guess if you like stamped, sheet metal parts, plastic, etc. the gun is fine.

I don't. Sig could design a better trigger, and maybe (besides the 220) they should really look into making more single stack magazine pistols, becuase gripping a Sig 226, 229 and the other double stack guns is like grabbing onto a 4"x4" post.

At least we don't carry the Sig P250...

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I carry a 226 DAK every day, absolutely love everything about the weapon, but I wouldn't mind something similar only a bit smaller for concealed carry, so I am looking forward to checking out these 224's when/if they come out.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Oh, great...

Just for the record, I carry a Sig 229 DAK every day to work. I guess if you like stamped, sheet metal parts, plastic, etc. the gun is fine.

I don't. Sig could design a better trigger, and maybe (besides the 220) they should really look into making more single stack magazine pistols, becuase gripping a Sig 226, 229 and the other double stack guns is like grabbing onto a 4"x4" post.

About how I equate about picking up a Glock. Everyone should look into making more single stacks.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    You mean like a P6, the smoothest shooting 9mm in the world?

While we both apparently share a love of the P225 (P6), the similarities between it and the mythical P224 will be few.

The P224, if it ever sees the street, will be double stack and much smaller than a P6. It'll have a stainless slide and will likely ship with the SRT trigger. It will probably be introduced in 9mm but will also eventually be in .40 and .357.

The P224 will be to the P229 what the P220 Carry is to the P220. They can't call the new gun a P229 Carry because they already market the P229 as a "carry" gun.

theoko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    damn I mean I like the concept, but 34 ounces? That thing is hefty as hell. i like the capacity on it but for all that and the price it might be better to go with a springfield xd subcompact.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mevQsdFmMA

Some of you may of heard or read about a Guns & Ammo TV story regarding the R&D work currently being done at Sig to make a "chopped down" P229. It'll be at least 2013, however, before it could hit the streets.

Necro thread rez! Simply because my distributors are showing a SKU and pricing for the P224 now, indicating that it will be available next year (2012) rather than 2013.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    damn I mean I like the concept, but 34 ounces? That thing is hefty as hell. i like the capacity on it but for all that and the price it might be better to go with a springfield xd subcompact.

I agree completely! Sig's have always had a weight problem (with a few exception). I love sigs, but there are several brands that beat them in terms of weight and concealability.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Agreed!

Looking at my Sigs right now; not seeing very much in the way of stampings, sheet metal, or plastic. ??????

Aside from the factory guide rod on my P220 (that has been replaced by a bedairs stianless guide rod) I see only high quality milled stainless steel. The only exseption is my P228 that has a stamped carbon steel slide, and ill put it up against any glock any day any time. My P226 the same only milled stainless....not seeing any plastic.....oh i found it! The box it comes in is plastic!

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Oh, great...

The P229 doesn't have stamped metal parts. I think you're thinking of the old German P226s and P228s which, even with stamped metal parts, were great guns. The newer Sigs such as the P229 use a forged stainless steel slide. I think the feel of the P229 and P226 are much better than any single stack guns in my hands. I guess that's why there are so many guns out there; so everyone can have what they want.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Sig P224

I don't know if this is a dupe, but here is a first look at Sig Sauer's P224. At the price it is definitely a Sig, but its nice to see Sig Sauer starting to make a smaller framed/easier to conceal gun. SIG SAUER

Top Bottom