marlin1894015.jpg

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    A couple things:

1) the right-side grip panel looks like it overlaps the mag catch; does it cause any interference?

2) you've got a SIG 229R and a fancy set of grips - neither of which were inexpensive, I'm sure - and you put a $39.00 NcStar light on it? :n00b:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Yeah, I know the light's a cheapie. I bought it from a fellow INGOer to see if I'd like having it on the gun before spending the money for a streamlight. To tell the truth, the light is nice, as in convenient, but I'm not sure I like it. MontereyC6 answered the mag catch question correctly. They're Hogue cocobolos. And the gun price is deceptive. The frame is a Classic (.22) and the .40 slide is the centerfire upgrade kit. I just recently got a .357 barrel from MauieWauwie22 over on Sigforum. All together it is some serious cash, but I'm up to three calibers and have less than the MSRP of a new one in it. It's mostly my nightstand gun, but a crossbreed holster just makes it disappear, so on those occasions when I don't want to just throw a mousegun into my pocket it's not bad to carry either. I do like it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yeah, I know the light's a cheapie. I bought it from a fellow INGOer to see if I'd like having it on the gun before spending the money for a streamlight. To tell the truth, the light is nice, as in convenient, but I'm not sure I like it.

What don't you like about it?

Thanks for the explanation, BTW; hope I didn't come off as busting on you too bad.

And thanks to MontereyC6 for the mag catch info; I learned my something new for today, after all! :yesway:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    What don't you like about it?

Thanks for the explanation, BTW; hope I didn't come off as busting on you too bad.

And thanks to MontereyC6 for the mag catch info; I learned my something new for today, after all! :yesway:

Hahaha! I'm glad to be able to pay one back to you after all that I've learned over the last couple of years from your posts.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I can't really explain what I don't like about the light. Maybe that it shifts the weight just a little bit. I can't really explain it. I just like the way it feels a little better without it on the rail. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

(Wes. This is NOT the time to tell them about the light falling off whilst you were shooting it at the range. I told you it wasn't firmly attached that day. )

:whistle:

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I can't really explain what I don't like about the light. Maybe that it shifts the weight just a little bit. I can't really explain it. I just like the way it feels a little better without it on the rail. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

(Wes. This is NOT the time to tell them about the light falling off whilst you were shooting it at the range. I told you it wasn't firmly attached that day. )

:whistle:

Ever think about trying a TLR-3. I think it looks better and fits the shorter barrel Sigs better. JM:twocents:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Yes. If I go to a permanent light, It'll most probably be one of the streamlight models. I have a scorpion LED at work, and it's good enough that I bought one for wifey for her bedside light. They are unbelievably bright, and 100% dependable. The NC star I had to mill a little off of the back just to get it far enough up on the rail to lock in. I'm not knocking them for the price at all, but there is better out there.

Top Bottom