• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skseifert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Boggstown
    Hey, I have been looking at both of these for a conceal carry - the 232 feels real nice in my hands - the 238 a bit small, but I'm sure it would carry much easier. Does anyone have any thoughts about either of these pistols?

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Haven't messed with the 238 but i do know the 232 is in my opinion one of the finest .380's made ..

I have the 230 ( older model 232 ) .
    Of all the .380 pistols i have had it is by far the best .
    feels and shoots like it was designed to fit my hand ...:patriot:

Very easy to CC also with a IWB holster

skier11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Bainbridge
    Is the cocked and locked a safe way to carry? I'm a little uncomfortable with it. I don't have any buds that have a single action semi. Anyone know if the "pros" consider it safe?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The "pros" consider it the only way to carry a 1911 style pistol for personal defense. However, that is typically in conjunction with a holster with a strap under the cocked hammer. I carried a cocked and locked 1911 for many years but would not feel comfortable pocket carrying the P238 in that fashion.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I've got a 232. I know if you look at the measurements it is not super small, not as small as some of the newer micro pistols. But it carries smaller than it is. I think this is because of the shapes - a lot of smooth curves. I really like carrying mine when I need something smaller and more discreet than my usual carry.

Couple of other things about the 232:
    - Most natural pointing pistol I have ever owned.
    - Mine doesn't like hollow points. SIG will tweak 232's to make them feed hollow points, but I haven't bothered because I prefer FMJ for .380 Just keep in mind if you do want to shoot hollow points, you may have to send your 232 in for some tweaks.
    - Get the Nill wood grips (SIG also sells these; same grip except they have the SIG-Sauer logo carved in to them). Everyone who handles my 232 falls in love with those grips.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    A sig 232 is a lot like the Walther ppk. It's a great firearm, points well and
    does indeed carry well. It's a very smooth pistol and fits most hands really well. It's probably the best looking pistol Sig makes. I personally don't think it's as accurate as the ppk, but it's close enough that it wouldn't matter.

Top Bottom