• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    oh both mine would def be going with. my jack russel is very protective and stays right by my side. and the black mouth cur is a hunter and a 100# pure muscle body guard and they both love to cuddle so they would keep me warm. they are my furry children, could never leave them behind

1b.jpg

Coach13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    We have 3 dogs: 2 jacks, one smart and loyal and one stupid and a *ussy. The other a brilliant bloodhound and definately come in handy for protection and working needs. Would take all 3, even the stupid one. Besides, my wife would have an issue with leaving one, and when she has an issue I don't get lucky:rockwoot::dunno::lol2:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I'd take them both, in a heart beat! I love my dogs and they are Great dogs that are well trained!

If it got bad enough...I would also not hesitate to kill them to feed my family.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    My dog is a Lab Springer mix. He is very protective of my family and he can bring in small game all by himself. He would defenatly be more help than nuisance.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Both dogs, Border Collie and Australian Cattle Dog, both loyal and protective and great early warning systems.

Beside the above, they are both family plain and simple.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Both of my dogs would come with me. Would probably leave the g/f before the dogs except the dogs can't shoot. The g/f can shoot and I might need her to cover my back. Oh yeah, she likes to clean fish so maybe I better take her too.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I would definitely take mine, no questions asked. Since movies are excellent ways of showing us what will happen if we get into those situations:rolleyes:: I am Legend, he has his dog who is mainly helpful. And in some of the zombie movies the zombies dont eat the dogs.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    If it is an untrained POS, no. It would be a liability.

If anyone's dog is "an untrained POS" then whose fault is that?

But I suppose that's typical these days--folk fail to do their jobs and responsibilities then expect someone else to pay the price for it.

IMO, you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals. There's an old old saying (goes back to Roman times) "He who would strike at my dog would strike at me if he dared."

One might want to think about what the answers one gives (if only to oneself) to questions like this says about oneself. Just something to think about.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I lay in extra dogfood for the animals. If I could, I'd try to bring them. They could be a benefit, and are protective and territorial. That could be a double edged sword, but that is where I'm at.

insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    The older dog an Austrailian Sheppard mix, while just 7, is really too big (90lbs) and too slow to be much good. He's a mama's boy so it would be hard to leave him and she would probably put him on a dear cart or something to get him down the road. He would be a liability.

The younger dog, 2 years old, is an Austrailian Sheppard/Husky mix though on the small side for those breads (means less food). While not the smartest dog he will bark at anyone and bite anyone (a plus in TEOTWAWKI). He's also good for warmth. I'll take him in a heartbeat.

Now the 17 year 6' stepson who already eats us out of house and home... might leave him.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom