• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I support Starbucks at every opportunity because 1) They're entitled to their views on abortion, whether I agree or not (I uphold the 2nd AND the 1st Amendments, and the rest) and
    2) They make a great latte.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks is 2A-Neutral. Not pro, not anti. You can bet the owner is anti.

They simply abide by local laws... surprise, just like some BW3.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I support Starbucks at every opportunity because 1) They're entitled to their views on abortion, whether I agree or not (I uphold the 2nd AND the 1st Amendments, and the rest) and
    2) They make a great latte.

President Obama is entitled to his views on the second amendment, that doesn't mean I support him. However, I do respect his freedom, as I support yours. I support your right to make your own choices, but won't give you dollars to fund denying the same choice to an entire class of Americans. Unfortunately, those Americans will never have that same freedom that you yourself point to as an entitlement. I support these Americans as well and try to spend my dollars in a way that may help to someday win the same freedoms for them that we tenaciously claim for ourselves.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I don't support Starbucks because 1) they are not pro-life and 2) their coffee is terrible. :)

If you only did business that agreed with everything you believed in, how many businesses would you actually be able to shop? I'm betting, not many.

For instance, do you know and agree with every business practice of your grocery store? Your pharmacy? Your LGS?

I know I don't, but I find those that are close and try to do more business with them than the others in my community.

Also, you don't have to like their product to appreciate them no trying to infringe on our 2A rights.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If you only did business that agreed with everything you believed in, how many businesses would you actually be able to shop? I'm betting, not many.

For instance, do you know and agree with every business practice of your grocery store? Your pharmacy? Your LGS?

I know I don't, but I find those that are close and try to do more business with them than the others in my community.

Also, you don't have to like their product to appreciate them no trying to infringe on our 2A rights.

You have a point. I understand you can't fight every battle, and that is exactly why we have to pick our battles. These are the two (1A and 2A) I think are important enough to fight for.

Would you patronize Starbucks if they would not allow you to carry in their stores? No? Good, neither would I. Then by the same token, you can certainly understand why I try not to patronize pro-death businesses. I understand I may not be able to totally eliminate all pro-death businesses from the list of those I do patronize, but I can eliminate many of them from my list.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Mark...

You have a point. I understand you can't fight every battle, and that is exactly why we have to pick our battles. These are the two (1A and 2A) I think are important enough to fight for.

Would you patronize Starbucks if they would not allow you to carry in their stores? No? Good, neither would I. Then by the same token, you can certainly understand why I try not to patronize pro-death businesses. I understand I may not be able to totally eliminate all pro-death businesses from the list of those I do patronize, but I can eliminate many of them from my list.

You have earned my respect for your response. I'm sure that we won't agree on everything, but I'm confident we can agree to disagree & move on.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'd support them a lot more if they lowered the price of their drinks to a reasonable level. But hey, at least they are not antis like a few too many companies out there nowadays.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I don't get how eating a chicken sandwich at one place makes me anti gay, but buying coffee at another makes me pro. How the hell is Starbucks pro-choice, and better yet, why should I give a **** :laugh:? I kind of understand the pro 2A stance, because that can dictate whether or not you carry a firearm inside. But it's not like they're performing abortions in the bathroom, or marrying gays by the milk steamer.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Guess it needs said again on page 2.

Starbucks is not Pro-2A. Howard Shultz is not Pro-2A.

Starbucks, like almost every place, is 2A-Neutral. They abide by state-laws... like... almost everywhere.

I don't know about some of you, but I don't see that as a win.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Starbucks, like almost every place, is 2A-Neutral. They abide by state-laws... like... almost everywhere.

I beg to differ. To me putting up a "No Weapons" sign is a company's option and a statement of opinion that for one reason or another they are not willing to accept my legal right to protect myself and my family while on their property. While I'm at work, I'm counting on them to "keep me safe", since they have a company policy that prohibits me from carrying a "weapon" on property.

The lack of a sign at Starbucks means that they are willing to allow carry to the extent of the local laws. To me, that is a bonus, since I won't be asked to leave if my EDC comes uncovered & a mother / father of three gets frightened.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I beg to differ. To me putting up a "No Weapons" sign is a company's option and a statement of opinion that for one reason or another they are not willing to accept my legal right to protect myself and my family while on their property. While I'm at work, I'm counting on them to "keep me safe", since they have a company policy that prohibits me from carrying a "weapon" on property.

The lack of a sign at Starbucks means that they are willing to allow carry to the extent of the local laws. To me, that is a bonus, since I won't be asked to leave if my EDC comes uncovered & a mother / father of three gets frightened.

No-Firearms Signs aren't common.

I'm going to think of a street, then I'm going to go through the commercial places on that stretch of street, and see which have signs.

Emerson Avenue, between County Line Road and Main Street, starting on north side.

BW3
    Walmart
    Gander Mountain
    Liquor Store
    Strip mall places...
    XFinity Store
    Goodwill
    Kroger
    Pet Supplies Plus
    That Place
    Brozinis Pizza
    China Buffet
    Fireside Grill
    Little Mexico
    Sams Club
    Arbys
    Subway
    Marathon Gas
    Main Street Pub
    Starbucks
    Taco Bell
    Liquor Store
    Small gas station...
    Circle K

I know I missed some places, but this was off the top of my head.

None of these have signs. They are all, in essence, neutral (or unspoken pro-gun. You rarely see pro-gun signs, too.)

I could do the same down 31, between Main St. and Southport or something. The mall is the only one I can think of.

This is why I consider Starbucks no different than most places.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I'm sure SBUX is weeping that a very small handful of liberal hipsters are threatening a boycott because they don't explicitly ban firearms, concealed or carried openly.

Or Brits whining because Starbucks *gasp* follows the letter of the law to reduce their tax liabilities.

Let the Facebook whiners buy their seven-word "coffee drink" elsewhere.

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    I don't get how eating a chicken sandwich at one place makes me anti gay, but buying coffee at another makes me pro. How the hell is Starbucks pro-choice, and better yet, why should I give a **** :laugh:? I kind of understand the pro 2A stance, because that can dictate whether or not you carry a firearm inside. But it's not like they're performing abortions in the bathroom, or marrying gays by the milk steamer.

So if they allowed carry, but donated 50% of every purchase to the Brady Campaign, it would make no difference? That I don't have to see the contribution Starbucks makes to killing babies doesn't mean it isn't there.

Anyway, the local place down the street makes better coffee, doesn't ban guns, and doesn't contribute to causes I oppose as far as I know.

Top Bottom