• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I work in an IT shop that's populated by more Indian contractors than anything else. None of them seem to mind a buddy and I talking about our latest aquisition or range trip. If I recall, I read somewhere that India is pretty gun friendly with a fairly high percentage of gun owners.

There are a couple of old timer ladies in the area that we need to be careful of though.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    Good advice, but remember let them beg to search your car, you still have the Fourth Amendment to keep you safe. Also remember, you do have the First Amendment so if you wanna talk, go for it, but as mentioned in the previous post, it can be detrimental to your career choice. That is why I love where I work, I am a state employee for the state of Kentucky, and we all have guns, we carry, any time someone gets a new toy, we are all out in the parking lot looking...

INGunGuy

Any openings at your work?

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    In the shop where I work there is nothing else to talk about. I would say at least half of the 100+ people are gun nuts. It makes for a great day!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    We all have co-workers that think only gov and leo should have guns. Should you let them know your interest?
    I don't see anything wrong with it. There's no harm in discussion. Nothing to hide and discussion is not a weapon. If your making conversation to share interest and have friends and they use everything you say and your rights against you, they are using your rights as a weapon against you. Besides, have you ever asked them if they own a gun? Chances are they do. I wouldn't expect a truthful answer though. Maybe they're afraid of what they might do if they had a gun. A great boss told me long ago: "Remember, when someone points a finger at you, there's 4 more pointing back at them".:):

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    <looks down> wearing a smith and wesson t-shirt, drinking out of a M&P coffee cup, and converting Saigas in the machine shop after hours, yeah people pretty much know around here.

Acting like the shooting sports are somehow "bad" and "secret" is not helping the cause.

Be loud and proud. People think its neat. This is Indiana after all.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I definately do, but I work on a military instaltion. I just wish they would let me use the ranges here. That would be an awesome lunch break. But they dont allow us to have outside weapons on base.

CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was working with the owner a few months back on a project... we got on the subject of firearms. Turns out he's a revolver enthusiest. I blurted out that I carry a gun in my truck 99% of the time. I got a wierd look for a second, then he asked what it was and said I should bring it in sometime after hours when there aren't so many people in running around. He wanted to see it. He said he was looking into buying a "Baby Glock." That was pretty cool. Looking back, that conversation could have turned out way worse. I don't think I could get away with that at many work places. Got to love small to medium sized privately owned workplaces.

CB45

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Glassmakers. We endure hell, so we talk about and do what we want. Most of us drink, (After 8 hours in 130+ temps, wouldn't you?) and almost all of us hunt. Maybe one day our families will look back at this as "the good ol' days."

I sure hope the "Got Sig" sticker inside of my toolbox lid, or the INGO sticker on the front of it doesn't give me away!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i shouldprobably stop talking about guns at work. my only coworker is my father who taught me to love guns. there are times when even he says "do you think about anything besides guns"

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Of the 4 shop guys 3 have LTCH and one up front carries all the time and shoots in the cowboy stuff, so yes we talk guns.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Firearm conversation flows freely in my department, at least untill the room door opens, and we determine "friend or foe" :D Don'tcha love college campuses?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I guess the answer is yes. I am sitting in my cubical right now looking at INGO. Nobody in the office pays attention to what I am doing. Right now I am looking a three different computer monitors all of which have colorful stuff on them. Four if you include my BlackBerry. Opps gotta go one of the monitors is telling me its time to work.

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    i like the fact you can bring your gun to work and have no ill felling to anyone that does.In my mind it is not cause ppk feel unsafe at work and there plans are to go crazy once they get there but everyone has to go home afterwords. I dont live in the best of places and would not get home till around midnight and would have to get my 2 year old after work. Fell alot better walking my little one in that late when i have my gun then if i didnt

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I still have not attended my blinking monitor. The secretaries are standing around talking about how awesome Ted Nugent is, and how one of them actually met him in a gun shop on the way to a concert. She ruined the story when she said she ran into him at DON's.

Top Bottom