• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Down sides of the M1A over GSR... You will use more ammo up. The GSR, I will go slow. I might shoot it 20 times and be done. The M1A? Pfft... 20 rounds? That's only one mag, I'm just getting warmed up. I also felt the need to have 20+ mags since it's a battle rifle. Instead of a Lepold scout scope, I have a Mk IV. So I spent 3-4 times as much on my scope and rings.

So. Much. This.

I bought a bunch of Pakistani machine gun ammo from the 1990's, in links, and that is the stuff I use for general range use. I find I get pretty trigger happy with the M1A. This ammo isn't particularly accurate...but I'm not using it for defense or hunting, it generates smiles. I have it "magged up" in some cheap Korean magazines which I consider disposable. Again, I'm not using them for defense or hunting, so reliability is not an issue...although they have run flawlessly.

Expat, I have to admit a certain amount of envy for that optic setup...I'd like to see that in action some time.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Down sides of the M1A over GSR... You will use more ammo up. The GSR, I will go slow. I might shoot it 20 times and be done. The M1A? Pfft... 20 rounds? That's only one mag, I'm just getting warmed up. I also felt the need to have 20+ mags since it's a battle rifle. Instead of a Lepold scout scope, I have a Mk IV. So I spent 3-4 times as much on my scope and rings.

I agree on the one mag to warm up and wanting a pile of mags. Lol. That said I love my m1a and it's safe but I do want a gsr for the ideal it holds and its perfectness for a grab and go rifle in 30 cal.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Has the deer been known to attack you after your first shot with your bolt rifle :): If you like it, I agree and keep it while you save up to buy a M1A

The one above took fourteen, glad I had the detachable mags and a bunch of zombiemax! Who knows how many regular rounds that sucker would have taken! I almost didn't take the extra magazines, but I figured "What the heck? I'm already wearing my MOLLE plate carrier..." Which also proved to be a wise accoutrement.... Those KY deer are serious....

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I have but one thing to say and it says it better than anything else can:

WITHOUT EXCEPTION, FAST AND ACCURATE BEATS THE HELL OUT OF SLOW AND ACCURATE EVERY SINGLE TIME.

In rifles of equal or equal enough accuracy I will take a AR-10 or M1-A over any bolt action rifle and condemn myself be a fool not to.

Last edited:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I am a certifiable M14/M1A nut, love it and currently do not own any other centerfire semi-auto rifle. I also run 2 .308 bolt rifles, one a light weight and the other a varmint style. I will tell you right now, keep the bolt action and save up for the M1A. Never sell a rifle that you like, unless you get something you love far, far greater.

Top Bottom