Should I join the battle? Raiders are heading to hit my neighbors retreat.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    What should I do, my neighbors down the road are about to be raided. Should I lay low and let them pass? Should I attack and thin them out? I don't like my neighbor, but I would be in worse shape if the raiders win.

What is the best way to make this work in my favor?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I recommend this.
    HydrogenBomb-99.php

http://discussamerica.org/remer-blog/assets_c/2011/01/HydrogenBomb-99.php

May require the use of welding goggles.
    And you may need to repaint afterwards.

Seriously, would be nice if you could contact your neighbor, work in unison.

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    What should I do, my neighbors down the road are about to be raided. Should I lay low and let them pass? Should I attack and thin them out? I don't like my neighbor, but I would be in worse shape if the raiders win.

What is the best way to make this work in my favor?

Here's my best take.

More questions than answers in this what if.
    If you're aware that bad guys are on their way to your neighbors, why are they passing you up?
    Firing them up before they get to your neighbors is only going to make them focus on you. You think this will make your neighbor join the fight to save your ass? Doubtfull. Avoid confrontation unless you absolutely know you're going to win and there is something to gain from it.

If you don't like your neighbor, let him 'thin them out'. Maybe he's the neighborhood badass?? Keep watch on the situation, if you see the raiders missing a few or running with their tails between their legs, then take some sniping shots to further help your neighbors defense and maybe create some solidarity with him from that point on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Here's my best take.

More questions than answers in this what if.
    If you're aware that bad guys are on their way to your neighbors, why are they passing you up?
    Firing them up before they get to your neighbors is only going to make them focus on you. You think this will make your neighbor join the fight to save your ass? Doubtfull. Avoid confrontation unless you absolutely know you're going to win and there is something to gain from it.

If you don't like your neighbor, let him 'thin them out'. Maybe he's the neighborhood badass?? Keep watch on the situation, if you see the raiders missing a few or running with their tails between their legs, then take some sniping shots to further help your neighbors defense and maybe create some solidarity with him from that point on.

Or,
    The raiders are low on ammo, and only half has guns.
    But your neighbor is alone and can't be awake all the time.
    And one they finish him off, they'll have 20 more guns and 20k more rounds.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    It would all depend on variables. How likely are they to miss your place, how big is the raiding party, any good places to mount your defenses from.

I would most likely help.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Or,
    The raiders are low on ammo, and only half has guns.
    But your neighbor is alone and can't be awake all the time.
    And one they finish him off, they'll have 20 more guns and 20k more rounds.

Or, prior the the fall of civility, I covered all my avenues of approach and buried controlled demo to take them out...

Or, I won the lotto, bought everything I would ever need and am now in an undisclosed location with no neighbors for hundreds of miles

:n00b:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Or, prior the the fall of civility, I covered all my avenues of approach and buried controlled demo to take them out...

Or, I won the lotto, bought everything I would ever need and am now in an undisclosed location with no neighbors for hundreds of miles

:n00b:
    That would be better.

But its hard to make a prediction on this info.
    You might be better off, you might not.
    You probably would have been bettern off to form a neighborhood program/watch before it got to this. No man is an island. Every neighbor gets killed and looted contributes to your long term problem.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    actaeon277: You didn't lose it. Looks like the thread is gone. Not sure why. I had a couple of posts in that one and it doesn't show up in my subscribed thread list.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Not that I saw. It was just another raiders thread- mostly humorous, with a few serious comments. Nothing I saw that justified getting deleted. Maybe the talk of poison bacon struck a nerve.

Top Bottom