• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dalerush73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Greendale/Lawrenceburg
    I have a Remington 870 12ga and a friend of mine loaded it with a handful of shells to test the action. Well there was a 16ga shell mixed in and he didn't notice. Now the 16ga shell is lodged down inside the barrel so that no other shell can go into the chamber and the receiver won't close all the way (which is a good thing I guess). I need to know the safest way of removing it from the barrel since it is still a live shell and hasn't been tapped. I don't know if it's safe to just push it out from the other end. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I have a Remington 870 12ga and a friend of mine loaded it with a handful of shells to test the action. Well there was a 16ga shell mixed in and he didn't notice. Now the 16ga shell is lodged down inside the barrel so that no other shell can go into the chamber and the receiver won't close all the way (which is a good thing I guess). I need to know the safest way of removing it from the barrel since it is still a live shell and hasn't been tapped. I don't know if it's safe to just push it out from the other end. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I would say remove the barrel, then use a wooden dowel rod through the MUZZLE end and tap it out gently.

SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    Did the primer get popped or did it just get lodged in there?

Either way, a cleaning rod will do in a pinch, but the wooden dowel reccomendation is spot on.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Just remember to make sure/think about what is behind the shell, next to the primer before you start "tapping" and all should be good. That's why removing the barrel is a good idea.

Top Bottom