• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeager361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I am curious what everyone's preference is for presses for loading shotshells. I am probably going to look into getting a press soon so I thought I would ask. I will be reloading 12 gauge shells.

Also, how many times do you reuse the same shell casing? What do you usually look for to determine if the casing is no longer usable?

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    I was hesitant on loading 12 shells since u can get them fairly cheap, so when i first started loadin em, i went cheap with a lee loadall 2. I found out pretty quick that if yer loading for your gun, and your gun is a double barrel, you can load shells for a loooong time. Loading LIGHT loads for just shooting at clays is fun. Your shoulder will agree.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I just got into loading shotshells. Just this week I've loaded about 300 shes for a big going away party this weekend. A buddy of mine's dad gave me a MEC 600 for free, I got it and never looked back. My favorite part is that I can load light loads for the girlfriend.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've always liked the MEC sizemaster when I shot trap alot. How many times they can be reloaded depends on the type of hull. I would get about 7 reloads out of the older style Winchester hulls. Some others you can only get about three.

ihammond

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Millhousen
    The amount of reloads you get depends on 3 things. The type of hull,the load being used and your press settings. You should look for wear on the mouth of the case (where the crimp starts). Thats where most of mine seem to wearout the fastest. I would suggest getting a reloading manual and studying it before you start loading your own.

Top Bottom