• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billy Bob Chubb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I priced components today at Midway (not including hulls) and I can't make them cheaper than Winchester loads at Walmart ($6.50/box). I watched some videos using the Lee Load-All 2 and it looks fun. I'd like to save some money/shoot more too though.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    There has been no problem solving here. Where should I buy components?

Pretty much anywhere but Midway?

Shot has gone up in price, and it costs way too much to ship. You may have a problem getting below that $6-$6.50 threshold - however - if you're shooting loads OTHER than the standard universal 1 1/8 load of 7.5 @ 1200, you'll easily be able to beat those prices since the only thing that's ever on sale is the Universal stuff.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.

DEFINATELY here. if you get into loading trap style loads, its easily much cheaper than buying AA rounds. if hunting or recreational shooting, wally world or comparable is the way to go. i've probably loaded over 25 k 12 ga in the last 25 years and never could have afforded to buy them (all AA winchester).

so your decision on the type of shooting you are going to be doing is the deciding factor....daryll

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If you watch for Remington "Gun Glub" shells on sale, you can do well. These are standard trap loads and the hulls are reloadable. The last 8 or ten flats, were on sale for about $6 a box when you bought the flat (ten boxes) Then Remington had a $1 per box rebate that was up to $10 on a single rebate. That ended up being $5 per box of good legal trap shells, and I get to keep reloadable hulls. I can reload for about $4.25 per box depending on what I have to pay for lead shot. I refuse to pull the handle on my press if I am not saving over $1 per box, so I just shot new Remington Gun Club shells. I have also taken advantage on a sale of the Federal Top Shot trap loads. They shoot fine also. Unless you have a special custom load that you really need, it does not really pay to reload 12 or 20 gauge, as long as you watch sales. Save your hulls though, one day the sales will be over and reloading will pay.
    If you shoot 28 gauge or .410 your reloads can save $8 to $12 per box, as you will never find them on special.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom