• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I was very close to getting my Mossberg 500 20 gauge shotgun out of my new safe and cleaning it up. Figured I'd take it to the 1500 and see what I can get for it. Was thinking of getting a Rem. 870 12 gauge, been wanting one real bad, or buying my wife her first handgun.
    I was looking it over, and remembering when I first got it. Bought it at Wal-Mart when I was a youngster. Shot many water jugs, pop bottles, cans, anything I can find out in the backyard.

So, I thought I'm only 27 years old, but someday I'm going to have kids. I put it back in the safe, and thought that maybe I could make one of my favorite future kid happy by giving it to them.

Unless someone can give me a better reason for me to take it with me this weekend? :)

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Great idea and a decision that your kid will be happy about (and maybe his kid) :rockwoot:
    Yes... The whole "This was what I had when I was young/your age" will have some value to you and your future kids...

So keep it AND buy* the 870! :D

* When funds are available

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    In about an hour, my future son in law thinks he's getting a clothes line for his back yard. What really in the box is his first gun. Rem 870, 12 ga. He's gonna be tickled.
    FYI As much as I hate to send them business, Dicks has them with the laminated stock, matte for 299. Not a smokin deal but I thought pretty good. I fiqured it will be my grandson's some day or I hope anyway.
    Your Mossberg will have the great heirloom feel if you got it as a kid. Keep it and pass it down.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    My dad gave me a .22 rifle when I was 6 its was nothing special as far as collectible or value but it is valuable to me.
    I'm sure your son will view it that way as well.

Z71Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    My fiance and I are expecting our first in about two months or so. We got lucky and are expecting a boy :rockwoot:I'm hoping that once he's here we won't be too broke and I can keep making purchases to add to my collection. Hopefully, when he's old enough and has proven himself responsible enough I'll be able to hand down the winchester model 52 .22 that my grandfather gave to me.

gunnerkc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I still remember the first time I shot my fathers shotgun which was handed down to him.
    These are the kind of memory's that last a lifetime

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    My grandfather's Mossberg 500 was passed down to me. My uncle wanted to give it to someone who would appreciate it and take care of it.

I was nearly moved to tears when he gave it to me. It is one of my most prized possessions. I fully expect to give it to a kid of my own one day.

You will never expect how much it will mean to both you and your future son/daughter when you finally pass it on.

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    my first shotgun was a 20 gauge Mossberg 500, I was 9 or so... word of advice, don't get one with a child stock on it, it makes the gun too light and the recoil just awful

Top Bottom