• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    gonna go hit up som gun shops tomorrow and compare some prices. where should i go?? i plan on checking out atleast pop's, and bradis as they seem to be the most mentioned. Yes i am defenatly going to don's it is a must i have to see if all the hype is true. but as far as those 3 i am up in the air dunno any others other than fortliberty

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Elmore's in Greenwood is worth a stop if you are looking for 1911s. They have a bunch of other stuff, but are the best 1911 shop I've seen around. Wanamaker Guns is a small shop that specializes in some of the more hard to find things. That's where I found my M38 and my son picked his M39 up from them. They have odd hours though and don't always stick to the hours posted.

Plainfield Shooting Supply is a must stop and is only about 10 minutes from Bradis. Just take the Ameriplex Parkway between the two and you'll find that it's hard to stop at one of them without stopping by the other as well. The Outdoorsman is just down the street from Elmore's in Greenwood and is great if you're looking for reloading supplies.

Plainfield Shooting Supplies is good on prices, as is Bradis, but it pays to shop around. Elmore's has better pricing on some stuff than I've seen anywhere else and can back their stuff with service. Bradis had a Kimber Ultra Carry II for $779 and Elmore's had the identical gun for $775. That's not much of a difference, but Elmore's can go far beyond just selling you the gun. I just stopped by and had a set of night sights put on my Kimber while I waited. I like Bradis, but they only sell them, not service them.

For fun, you can stop by Gander Mountain in Greenwood just to laugh at the prices they charge.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Don't forget Ft. Liberty Firearms out in Avon. It's right on US 36.

Also if you're on the west side, there's a pawn shop at 10th and Alton (Just a few blocks east of 10th and Lynhurst)...Westside Pawn and Loan. It's a dingy looking block building on the N side of 10th. They've got several firearms in there, too. New and used.

And if you're still on the west side, 500 Guns in Speedway (3602 W. 16th St) is a decent shop, too.

If you're coming down from Noblestucky, then stop at KS&E near Pendleton Pike and Post Rd.

Then get back on 465 South and go to 70 west... Then take 65 South to Raymond St, immediate L (south again) onto Shelby and go to Tactical Shotgunner. 2621 S. Shelby Street. It's on the E. side of Shelby.

THEN, head south on Shelby until you get to Troy Ave. Take Troy Ave west to Madison St. Go north a few blocks. Indy Trading Post is on the E side of Madison directly across from McDonalds.

After that... Head south again towards Greenwood... Go to Elmore's and then to The Outdoorsman.

Bop on over to Bradis in Camby, then up to PSS in Plainfield.

-J-

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Gotta say, I wouldn't stop at Pop's to look at guns unless i was within a half mile away doing something else. Small selection of handguns, nothing unique or special, and their prices are way beyond "competitive".

They run their "gun shop" like a "Pro Shop" in a bowling alley. Ya know, the place where they jack up the prices 15-20% just because it's in the same building. The business model must work though - since they appear be doing OK.

gilliu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    if you are looking for tactical shotguns:

TSG Guns2621 Shelby Street, Indianapolis, IN 46203-5230(317) 787-7200‎

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Elmore's in Greenwood is worth a stop if you are looking for 1911s. They have a bunch of other stuff, but are the best 1911 shop I've seen around. Wanamaker Guns is a small shop that specializes in some of the more hard to find things. That's where I found my M38 and my son picked his M39 up from them. They have odd hours though and don't always stick to the hours posted.

Plainfield Shooting Supply is a must stop and is only about 10 minutes from Bradis. Just take the Ameriplex Parkway between the two and you'll find that it's hard to stop at one of them without stopping by the other as well. The Outdoorsman is just down the street from Elmore's in Greenwood and is great if you're looking for reloading supplies.

Plainfield Shooting Supplies is good on prices, as is Bradis, but it pays to shop around. Elmore's has better pricing on some stuff than I've seen anywhere else and can back their stuff with service. Bradis had a Kimber Ultra Carry II for $779 and Elmore's had the identical gun for $775. That's not much of a difference, but Elmore's can go far beyond just selling you the gun. I just stopped by and had a set of night sights put on my Kimber while I waited. I like Bradis, but they only sell them, not service them.

For fun, you can stop by Gander Mountain in Greenwood just to laugh at the prices they charge.

+1 good advice.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I would skip Pop's and Don's, if your really wanting the experience, stop by my house and let me kick you in face, it will save you time and a wait in line :D

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Also if you're on the west side, there's a pawn shop at 10th and Alton (Just a few blocks east of 10th and Lynhurst)...Westside Pawn and Loan. It's a dingy looking block building on the N side of 10th. They've got several firearms in there, too. New and used.

I stopped by this place yesterday to check it out. I stood in front of the gun section for a good 5 minutes before the guy came over. He didn't even asked to help me, just started locking his guns up without saying a word. Excellent customer service.

There prices were pretty high though. Probably won't be going back there any time soon.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I have seen some long guns when I drive past there to get to IUPUI, but have never stopped in. Anything interesting at all at the pawn shop?

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    If you are just having fun checking out the shops, go to all of the ones listed. If you are looking to buy something, don't waste your time at Pop's or Don's. PSS, Bradis and Beechgrove seem like the most interesting shops to me.

Don's and Pop's jare frustrating to me. In my opinion, Gander is better than either of these.

No matter what, just have fun checking out all of the possibilities! :ingo:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom