• ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    criminals are criminals. its illegal to possess a firearm if a felon

Guess it depends on which county you live in. My brother n law is a convicted felon and he has .22's and shotguns, threatened to kill me and the wife and she called the police and he still has them. Sure if it was the other way around they would do something.No justice down here.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Steve, nah, you were just thinking what the charges were originally. However, through the "magic" of the law, felonies can become misdemeanors.

Of course, I know more than one individual that can turn infractions into felonies.:D

*Police sirens*

"Oh, no, the police are pulling me over for speeding, 47 in a 40! I better drive like a maniac across Lafayette and then run and then fight with them when they catch me."

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    Maybe not, but you're friend is still scum for bailin' on his kid(s) like that. Letting child support get to felony level is no laughing matter. Pathetic:twocents:

Never bailed on his kids, he has nothing to start with, and he gives them what he has.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'll never understand the whole "felon = no guns" thing. I know it's the law but I still don't get it. Either you paid your debt to society or you didn't. If you are so dangerous that you can't be trusted with a firearm, what in G-d's name are you doing walking about freely in society??

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Never bailed on his kids, he has nothing to start with, and he gives them what he has.

He should have thought of that when he went to making them. Now his job is to support them. He should have thought about that too, instead of avoiding it.

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    Ya, funny thing is if his old lady was still with him, he'd be giving his kids just as much, and not be a felon.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ya, funny thing is if his old lady was still with him, he'd be giving his kids just as much, and not be a felon.

So he needs to get off his azz. Why do you think the "old lady" dumped him? Now he needs to account for his responsibility. It's not the kid's fault their father is a loser.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ...convicted of a non-violent felony sex crime...I also have a friend like this. He has a felony for check fra...i got a friend who got convicted of a felony with child support

Hum, nice to know who your new friends old friends are before they were your new friend.

Thanks for the tips.

Top Bottom