• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    I am starting to wander if there may be an issue with my recently acquired M&P .22lr. I have checked the sites adjusted the sites tried various ammo and various grips/stances and am consistently off to the left, grouping is consistent. I am new to handguns any feedback would be appreciated.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Try looking into a different styles of trigger pull.

You can practice keeping the firearm steady by balancing a bullet on the end (maybe a hp on its top)and dry firing.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I am starting to wander if there may be an issue with my recently acquired M&P .22lr. I have checked the sites adjusted the sites tried various ammo and various grips/stances and am consistently off to the left, grouping is consistent. I am new to handguns any feedback would be appreciated.

Move your off hand to under the trigger guard.:)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    This is normally associated with the shooter but it is possible that the sights could be off a little. It's more likely that you are gripping to tight or it's a trigger control issue.
    Have someone else shoot it and see if it shoots left for them too.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Straight left? Left/down? Left/up?

Right or left handed?

Which eye is dominant? Shooting with one eye open or both?

ricochet22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Pssst, over here
    Thanks for the tips. A little more detail. This happens if I shoot right or left and it is off straight left. Not as accurate <yet> on weak side so grouping is not there but still seems left. I am right eye dominant and right handed. I guessed if anything I would be off to the right if it was a tight grip trigger pull on dominant side

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    First of all, have someone else shoot it.

This.^

All the sight adjustment in the world won't fix it if its shooter error.

I've worked on this issue for quite a while and still sometimes shoot slightly left at speed/under pressure. For me the issue is pushing the trigger. I use the very end of the pad on my trigger finger which gives me the most control when I focus on the squeeze, but if I get sloppy on mechanics, rounds push left.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Proper grip, proper trigger finger placement, trigger pulling straight back, be surprised by the break, being able to see exactly were thenmuzzlemwas pointing just before the break, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    One thing that helped me with a gun that wasn't putting rounds where I wanted them was to put a laser on it, see if the dot moves when you pull the trigger.

Top Bottom