• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    So this bad boy cruised into one of the trailcams a few days back. Based on his body, I don't think he's all that old but his rack is a really cool non-typical. Would be a wall hanger IMO.

However, I'm not a trophy hunter. My buddy I hunt with is and says he won't hesitate if he gets the chance. No problem with that. Me on the other hand, I'm not sure. In the heat of the moment, I'd probably not pass but IDK. In another year, who knows how big he'd get.

So what do you think? Bust him up or let him walk and hope he's around next year?

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'd arrow him in a heartbeat.

I doubt I could let him walk but definitely wanted some opinions. Thanks for yours.

This property keeps the deer well fed. None that we have pics of (just got em out last week) appear to be malnourished.

Having said that, his body mass isn't quite there but it's still early too. We didnt move the camera and set another along his path. Hopefully we will keep catching him and see him fatten up.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hunting bone I'd have to arrow that one. He's at least 3 and a half and maybe older. How much pressure does the area get? You'll have a better idea if you get some pix after the velvet comes off. If the mass is weak I might let him go and hope he gets better next yr.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hunting bone I'd have to arrow that one. He's at least 3 and a half and maybe older. How much pressure does the area get? You'll have a better idea if you get some pix after the velvet comes off. If the mass is weak I might let him go and hope he gets better next yr.

No pressure. 300 acres and it's just me and my buddy.

Top Bottom