• ...and so much more!
  • 4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Going shooting @ Kingsbury on Saturday the 18th, tomorrow.
    Just thought I'd post in case other members want to make a meet out of it. Sorry for the short notice, but I need a day to relax, this summer has been a busy one thus far, so death to tyrant paper targets!!!
    I'll be test firing a few new AR builds along with firing the Mk16 SCAR, SiG556, M93 .50BMG sniper rifle, a few AK's and whatever else I can manage to bring out.
    :biggun:
    Hope to see a few of you there.

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I was planning on going shooting there tomarrow anyway..what time??
    I need to sight in my CZ452. Maybe shoot a little through my PM9.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    We'll probably arrive mid-morning, weather permitting.
    A member of Troy Industries management will be there too, so some lucky shooters will receive some free goodies.......

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I've been told the shooting of .50bmg rifles is "limited" at Kingsbury, meaning if too many people are there its a no-go due to the noise and concussion. So everybody stay home until afternoon so I can shoot it. Of course it is the Rangemasters final decision...

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    They open @ 9 CST, 10:00 eastern.
    DNR: Kingsbury

The shooting range is safe, modern and staffed by qualified range officers.
    Use of eye and ear protection is required of all participants and observers.
    The range has 37 shooting positions: 10 positions at 50 yards, five positions at 100 yards, 18 positions at 10,15 or 25 yards, and four shotgun stations.
    Bring your own paper targets or clay birds.
    Indoor restrooms accessible to persons with disabilities are available.
    Range is open Tuesday-Sunday, 9 a.m.CST to dusk (varies by season, call to check time).
    Fees for the range are $4 a day for age 18 and older, $2 a day for younger than 18 (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult), $10 a day for a family (ex: 2 adults and 2 children).
    Target practice is permitted only in established ranges.
    Call 219-393-1128.

I tried calling to check for sure what time they open tomorrow, but I think the rangemaster still had his earplugs in because he hung up on me.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    RANGE REPORT:
    The rain cleared exactly at range open time and the weather turned out real nice for shooting. There were a few of us there and ready to go at opening time. Made a couple of new friends and it was good meeting those who took the time to say hello. A few families were in attendance, which was a good thing to see.
    Never got to shoot the .50BMG, the range rule is no shooting .50BMG when others are in attendance, you can only shoot it when there are no other parties there. Did put about 320 rounds of .223, 90 of 7.62x39, and 40 of .308 downrange. Fired two AR's, SCAR 16, SiG556, AK underfolder, and an M1A, all without issues. Took the time to fit out a few new parts on the AR's. It was a good day. The Troy guy gave away a few AR Sight Tools, Spring Sets, Stickers, and two slings. He was cloak & dagger about it, but everyone was busy shooting, first and foremost. We packed up about 2:30.

Last edited:

preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I would have loved to go shooting with you again, but we didn't get back from the Cheap Trick/Poison/Def Leppard concert in Chicago on Friday till around 5pm on Saturday.

I have to get with you soon anyway. I'll try calling you Sunday early afternoon.

Regards,
    Eric

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've been told the shooting of .50bmg rifles is "limited" at Kingsbury, meaning if too many people are there its a no-go due to the noise and concussion. So everybody stay home until afternoon so I can shoot it. Of course it is the Rangemasters final decision...

Rangemaster is my dad, so next time let me know and i am sure we can make it so the 50bmg gets a work out. I have shot a 50bmg with other people at the range, just had to clear out the pistol section. heck when someone breaks out their Big Gun all other shooting pretty much stops anyway.:draw:

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    I tried calling to check for sure what time they open tomorrow, but I think the rangemaster still had his earplugs in because he hung up on me.

Yeah my dad wears hearing aids, and he turns them off when people are fireing, and doesn't alway remember to turn them back on(at least that's what he tells mom when he hangs up on her)!
    Seriously though, he spent too much time around jets when he was in the air force and he is as deaf as a doorknob. Just speak loud and be prepared to repeat yourself,,,Alot...

preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Rangemaster is my dad, so next time let me know and i am sure we can make it so the 50bmg gets a work out. I have shot a 50bmg with other people at the range, just had to clear out the pistol section. heck when someone breaks out their Big Gun all other shooting pretty much stops anyway.:draw:

So Ed's your dad, huh? He's a really nice guy and we always invite him out for whatever we're grilling when we do shoots at Kingsbury. I've been trying to buy a Nazi knife from him for years. :)

Regards,
    Eric

Top Bottom