• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    Most firearms that I've sent in for warranty work were sent in prepaid boxes supplied by the manufacturer. Not sure what Taurus policy is but wouldn't hurt to ask.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    i always ship usps with any sales or repairs i have done. I would first call Taurus however, and find out what they want you to do, any forms to download etc. Also, don't forget to insure you gun and get a signature confirmation.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's a lifetime warrenty, so call Taurus CS and tell them what's wrong. They should issue a will call with FedEx. You'll want to pack it tightly because the FedEx box will be larger. Don't expect Taurus to pack it at all when it comes back. Usually about a month for a turn around.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    You need an FFL to ship a handgun USPS. Your LGS might do it for you. Or take it to UPS or FedEx, but they will make you pay for overnight.

+1 on asking Taurus to pay.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    wow!!!! should have asked if taurus would pay first geesh i would have never thought it would have cost that much to ship something that small.

fro taurus website "
    SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS

All firearms must be shipped prepaid to our factory in Miami, Florida for repair, boo

Last edited:

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Next time this happens only send the part that needs the work.. If you break the gun down and just send the slide with out the bottom then you can send it regular mail.. It is just considerd machine parts.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Next time this happens only send the part that needs the work.. If you break the gun down and just send the slide with out the bottom then you can send it regular mail.. It is just considerd machine parts.
    problem with that is that both parts were the issue

just called taurus and they said once the gun leaves them they will only cover return shipping within the first 12 months boo taurus will never buy from them again

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    None of the gun manufacturers pay for return shipping. I have sent two handguns back to them several times. One revolver and one semi-auto. Their service was impeccable and fast too. I wouldn't stop buying their products because you have to pay return shipping.

As for me, I stopped buying their products because they are crap.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Look at any warranty for about anything you own. 99% say you are responsible for shipping. As as with the warranty on your car. You need to make a claim, you're paying for the gas to get you there and back. If you car warranty doesn't cover a free rental car, your also paying for the gas for your spouse to pick you up and drop you off again.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    straight from the taurus website:
    The Taurus Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy™ is just that. The lifetime of the gun...not the buyer. This is the first warranty of its type in the industry. No other manufacturer has the confidence to extend this kind of offer. Except us. We know how good our guns are, and we are not afraid to stand behind them...for a lifetime.
    Simply put, our unprecedented repair policy stands firmly behind every firearm imported or manufactured by Taurus International. The full terms are we will repair your Taurus firearm FREE OF CHARGE for the lifetime of the firearm​
    We at Taurus are totally committed to the very highest standards of quality, dependability, and most of all, customer satisfaction. Our Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy assures you of that commitment. Should you need to take advantage of our repair policy, please follow the directions on the shipping instruction link and our work order form, which you can print out and send in with your firearm. We don't expect you to need it, but in the rare instance that you do, it's all right here for you.
    Our Unlimited Lifetime Repair Policy extends to all Taurus firearms imported or manufactured by Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc.​
    This warranty does not cover grips, sights, accessories, cosmetic defects after one year, or damage caused by customer abuse at any time. Taurus will not be responsible for these items.​

now to me it isn't free of charge because i have to pay for shipping.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    What about Hi- Point....will they pay the return shipping? I heard many good things about their warranty.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County

I did this when the firing pin broke on my jam-o-matic Taurus PT-22.

Their service was impeccable and fast too.

My turn around time was around 10 weeks. This was around five years ago, but I would think that simply dropping in a new firing pin and shipping back wouldn't take so long. I know, someone will probably say that I had to wait my turn and that others were probably ahead of me. That makes me question "Just how many of these firearms are having to go back to the factory for warranty service?!?"

^^ This ^^ :yesway:

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    It's a lifetime warrenty, so call Taurus CS and tell them what's wrong. They should issue a will call with FedEx. You'll want to pack it tightly because the FedEx box will be larger. Don't expect Taurus to pack it at all when it comes back. Usually about a month for a turn around.

My PT1911 was a paperweight out of the box. Took over 3 months to get it back. They did NOT put out a call tag on it.

As far as shipping rules... check out this site: The Gun Zone -- Shipping Firearms

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    None of the gun manufacturers pay for return shipping. I have sent two handguns back to them several times. One revolver and one semi-auto. Their service was impeccable and fast too. I wouldn't stop buying their products because you have to pay return shipping.

Kahr paid for return shipping TWICE... And Springfield did once.

Depends on what the issues are, and how professional the company's CSR folks are. (And what they're allowed to do)

You CAN save a little money on shipping charges by having an FFL utilize his ability to ship via USPS. If I ever have to ship anything back, I'm having my FFL buddy do it. ~$20 or so is rather reasonable as opposed to $50-60 that a common carrier wants for an over-night.

-J-

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    None of the gun manufacturers pay for return shipping.

Nonsense. I just sent two guns back to S&W, on their dime, just last week. Lifetime warranty + they pay the return shipping. That is how a real, American gun company works.

Absolutely. Taurus is junk.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom