• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    ..but they can NOT ship it back to you, unless you hold an FFL.
    It will need to be shipped to a dealer, and transferred back to you!

Tell that to Keltec! They shipped right back to me...

PhilMcCrackin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    I will have to double check tomorrow I am not calling my uncle this late but I believe since it is YOUR gun they can ship it back to you.... Like I said I'm not 100% sure I will have to check.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    ..but they can NOT ship it back to you, unless you hold an FFL.
    It will need to be shipped to a dealer, and transferred back to you!

That is not true, you already own the firearm so there is no need for a transfer.

I sent my Glock in for repair and they sent it back directly to me.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    With the recall on the ruger LCP .
    Ruger sent me the boxes (had 2 to send ). i packed them called them told them they were ready , the sent UPS to my house to pick them up ..

About 6 days later Ups dropped them back of at my house ...
    :patriot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    :dunno:I could be wrong, it's happened before.
    I was under the impression that it was illegal to ship a handgun to ANYONE who does NOT hold an FFL

RDB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Avon
    Yes as stated you can ship to them and they can ship directly back to you the owner, and you must sign for it on return. Call the company and determine who they want you to ship by.

RDB

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Ruger, Taurus, and Smith & Wesson will all ship your handgun directly back to you after they work on it. Personal experience here.

I also know that if you have a slamfire with your Mini 14 and the rifle is wrecked, Ruger will replace it with another one and ship it directly back to you. Not through an FFL. Don't know how, but they did....It was 15 years ago though...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I also know that if you have a slamfire with your Mini 14 and the rifle is wrecked, Ruger will replace it with another one and ship it directly back to you. Not through an FFL. Don't know how, but they did....It was 15 years ago though...

They probably stamp the old serial number onto the new rifle, so it's still the "same" rifle.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Nope, completely different rifle. Totally different serial number. The paperwork shows the serial number of the rifle they received versus the serial number of the rifle that they replaced it with. This was before NICS was required on long gun transfers though....

Last edited:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I shipped my 1911 V12 back to springfield last friday, they just had me print off a fed ex shipping label with all the info on it and drop it off at a fed ex location. I'm waiting on it patiently, but I hope its back by next weekend :)

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Ruger, Taurus, and Smith & Wesson will all ship your handgun directly back to you after they work on it. Personal experience here.

They probably stamp the old serial number onto the new rifle, so it's still the "same" rifle.

Nope, completely different rifle. Totally different serial number. The paperwork shows the serial number of the rifle they received versus the serial number of the rifle that they replaced it with. This was before NICS was required on long gun transfers though....

I have a recent thread in the handgun section regarding the replacement of my G21, the frame was replaced with another that has a totally different serial number then the one I sent them. They still sent it directly to me.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/46771-got_my_glock_back.html

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    That is not true, you already own the firearm so there is no need for a transfer.

I sent my Glock in for repair and they sent it back directly to me.

This is obviously made up by Cwood! He SAYS that he sent his Glock in for repairs, which would imply that it was 'broken'...yeah right. Maybe if it were something else, but a Glock??? Clearly he's making this one up.

::runs and hides:::runaway:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I swear, I did not make it up. Ask Shooter521 he will agree that needed repaired, actually the frame needed replaced. :D

Top Bottom